A&H

Documentary about Refereeing in EURO2008

Shepard14

This is a video that I watched 1 year ago and I thought that it'd be nice to share it with you.. It has a close look on referees during the EURO2008 and their out-of-football life. Poor Howard Webb at the end, just by the looks on his face, he wanted to referee the final instead of Rosetti. Anyways, he got even better, the WC final in South Africa... Nonetheless, watch this exciting 1 hour movie! Enjoy, and say your opinion.

The Referee Store
I bought this as The Referees when it was released on DVD. Very interesting but a shame it was not a little more in depth! Still very watchable

I watched that too, thanks for posting Shepard14 I enjoyed it and I agree with Supermonkey that it could have done with being a bit more in depth (oh, and subtitles for the subtitles lol!).

I think they can only give so much and this video wasn't intended as giving referees further instruction (UEFA would never have allowed an instructional documentary to be released to the greater public like that). I think it's main intended audience is actually non-referees to give them a small glimpse into the blood, sweat, and tears that top flight officials put into the game, to perhaps have football fans respect the amount of hard work and dedication (and love) that footy refs put into the game. I can attest to the benefits because, as a referee, I've had plenty of players come up to me, say they saw this documentary, and tell me they had no idea we all worked so hard. The assumption for them really is that we turn up on Saturday with our black shirts on, whistle in hand and try to ruin their fun :p

Back