A&H

Distance

Mr Mo

Level 5 Referee
In my past several games i have worn my new apple watch. technology is obviously very useful and there are many features on it. It is tracking my movement during games and saying that on average i am covering 7km in my fixtures...........is that good-average-poor??

The Referee Store
I'm covering anything from 9.5k to 12km in my games, and that was about the same at supply league level.
If anything, it is now on the lower side of that even though my fitness has improved due to the current positioning guidelines, and needing to leave escape routes open.

Depends. Bare minimum usually 8km usually 4. A bit per half. On a big pitch or end to end game can top 10k more towards 11 sometimes more.
Id say I am very mobile during a game and I've never had less than 4 for fitness on observation so at a guess I would say 7 is a little below average.
Although its not all about how far you cover its sometimes being in a good position.
Also dont read too much into distance - many threads on here about accuracy and the general consensus is even the higher end gps watches arent perfect for the type of running we do as referees.

I've only just got my watch sorted out properly - it registered 6.5k total this Sunday, and that was a fairly one-sided affair where I felt a twinge in my ankle about 10 minutes from time and took the last 10 fairly easy as a result. So I'd be surprised if that isn't about as low as a OA middle goes for me.

How did the match feel to you? Was it a quiet one, or did you feel like you were fairly mobile?

the level that i am currently talking about is not what i would consider (from my playing days anyway) very good at all. My last game was a very close 11-0! :rolleyes: (wasn't my fixture. Picked it up at 10am on the day)

in the signal "senior" game i have done wearing the watch (that i have not added to my average) i covered 11.5km

i would consider myself a fit and mobile referee, just wanted to check.
thanks for the info
Mr Mo! ;)

Back