A&H

Dirty Leeds v Just a Pub Team

The Referee Store
Hmmm, got to agree. Still struggling just to watch a game as a fan. Looking at angle, the referee had a good one. He could see the speed, angle of approach, the likelihood of playing the ball and the form/point of contact. Only saving grace is that he took the occasion into account.

I missed the memo on the 'occasion' decision Brian, credit to Wilder though after he brushed it aside as a Derby tackle and didn't bleat on about it like Wenger and Co would have. That said, its a red at any level, ticks all the boxes, lucky the leg wasn't planted!!

It's a terrible tackle and I cannot believe he hasn't sent him off. Certainly ticks all of the boxes for SFP, and the player himself thought he was off looking at his reaction.

I missed the memo on the 'occasion' decision Brian, credit to Wilder though after he brushed it aside as a Derby tackle and didn't bleat on about it like Wenger and Co would have. That said, its a red at any level, ticks all the boxes, lucky the leg wasn't planted!!
Did you see my first sentence? "Hmmm got to agree"

As for occasion, he had his tolerance level dialled all the way up to 11 and tried not to go to his pocket too early. Once he had established his level for a card, this one certainly pushed that "orange" card even allowing for the derby game aspect.

He was our ref v Norwich too, he let them time waste for 40 minutes in the second half. GK could have had at least 4 yellows for time wasting on dead balls specifically. I’m all for tolerance levels but I don’t think this guy could recognise a nasty one if he ran to the side and watched it on a VAR monitor!

Back