A&H

Didn't get the coaches name but still need to report him. What to do?

pankaye

Level 5 Referee
On Sunday I had a junior league game which had been full of incidents (3 sending offs, 3 cautions and misconduct by both coaches for different reasons) Anyway i forgot to get the name of one of the coaches that i need to report for misconduct (the away team coach told his players to walk off the pitch and they started to. I almost abandoned the game but luckily the other coach coach talked him back to his senses and the game continued) anyway i am going to send in a misconduct report but i forgot t get his name. should I just put coach for Fudgehampton wanderers? Any ideas lads

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
Yeah if you don't know his name just say it was one of the coaching staff from the team involved.
P.S don't post the name of the team on here with it being a public forum. :)

Haha I only just noticed the original post was edited. But I was secretly hoping one day I'd get to officiate fudgehampton.

I think sometimes it's best to avoid getting a name as if things have got that out of hand he will know why your asking and could cause the situation to escalate.

haha Fudgehampton Wanderers, what a wonderful team name that would be - one wonders what colour scheme the kit would be? lol

back on subject...i kind of agree @DaveMac - although if he is the coach then surely you would have got his name at the start of the game when introductions were made? i usually give my name to the coaches, but request that they use the term 'ref' if trying to grab my attention during the game, so to avoid any confusion

haha Fudgehampton Wanderers, what a wonderful team name that would be - one wonders what colour scheme the kit would be? lol

back on subject...i kind of agree @DaveMac - although if he is the coach then surely you would have got his name at the start of the game when introductions were made? i usually give my name to the coaches, but request that they use the term 'ref' if trying to grab my attention during the game, so to avoid any confusion

He wasn't present at kick off. I normally introduce myself before the game begins by name if they don't immediately give me theirs i prompt them to.

Yeah if you don't know his name just say it was one of the coaching staff from the team involved.
P.S don't post the name of the team on here with it being a public forum. :)

It wasn't the name of a real team that i used. The team name was made up. :)

As follow up. I spoke to the league's referees secretary and we have agreed that the coaches's misconduct will be dealt with by the league. saves me senidng the report to the FA though i still have to send it the league scretary

As follow up. I spoke to the league's referees secretary and we have agreed that the coaches's misconduct will be dealt with by the league. saves me senidng the report to the FA though i still have to send it the league scretary

Completely out of order. For all you know they might be best buddies......get the report to the FA.

They are the correct and proper people to deal with it. If the league wish to deal with it they have to wait until the FA have completed their process.

Name maybe on team sheet? :)
They don't use tam sheets in that laegue. apparnetly everything is done using the whole game system :rolleyes:.

As follow up. I spoke to the league's referees secretary and we have agreed that the coaches's misconduct will be dealt with by the league. saves me sending the report to the FA though i still have to send it the league secretary

One of the reasons i don't mind is that i didn't dismiss the coaches during the game. As it was under 16's I wasn't sure i could do that to the coaches and leave the kids unsupervised.

As has been mentioned before, on another thread, you can't dismiss a coach from a public space at any level.

You do, however, as you touched on in your o/p, have the right to stop, suspend and abandon the game as well as reporting the coach for misconduct

They don't use tam sheets in that laegue. apparnetly everything is done using the whole game system :rolleyes:.

One of the reasons i don't mind is that i didn't dismiss the coaches during the game. As it was under 16's I wasn't sure i could do that to the coaches and leave the kids unsupervised.

It's not about whether you mind or not, it's about following correct procedures.

The league is not the correct body to deal with misconduct, the FA is. Send the report to them and do your job properly.

Or even

'Send the report to them and you'll be doing your job properly'

Same sentiment but sounds a bit nicer, don't you think :rolleyes:

Neither is politeness, to be fair :rolleyes:

Wah wah wah......

FF5Nr0O.jpg

Well at least we now know what you look like

I had you down as being less smiley for some reason ;)

Has someone failed to put the necessary sedatives in padfoots horlicks again? :D

I agree with your point mate, but we could probably do without the grumpy old curmudgeon delivery you appear to have reverted to.

Then again, that delivery does amuse me on occasion.

Hmmm, I'm conflicted. While I meditate on that, let's all play nice. :D

Back