A&H

d.o.g. idea

Change the LOTG or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
The DOGSO law inside the PA has been changed this season to reduce the amount of red cards (for the top flight teams i feel).

So what about making D.O.G (denying an obvious goal - handball on the line) a yellow card to the defending team player AND the award of a goal to the attacking team?

I did a cup game yesterday and the defending player was sent off BUT the penalty was not scored. The attacking team went out on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Is this a progression of the latest law changes or a step too far?

The away team were somewhat aggrieved at full time and i can see their point. Seems wrong to me.

A&H International
The DOGSO law inside the PA has been changed this season to reduce the amount of red cards (for the top flight teams i feel).

So what about making D.O.G (denying an obvious goal - handball on the line) a yellow card to the defending team player AND the award of a goal to the attacking team?

I did a cup game yesterday and the defending player was sent off BUT the penalty was not scored. The attacking team went out on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Is this a progression of the latest law changes or a step too far?

The away team were somewhat aggrieved at full time and i can see their point. Seems wrong to me.
Not the worst idea in the world but requires a fundamental change to the award of a goal. It would require absolute certainty that the ball was going to go into the goal which isn't far removed from being sure the player is making a genuine attempt to play the ball for DOGSO.

You can't give a goal as the ball doesn't cross the line. A sending off and a penalty seems most appropriate to me.
You could if the law was changed to permit it.
It would simply involve one additional clause in 'The method of scoring' which to permit this sort of goal, and another couple of sentences under Law 12.

Not a terrible idea. There are complications, of course. It wouldn't just be on the line - you'd be looking at any shot going clearly in.
what if the keeper might get it? What if it's going for the keeper? Heck, even now we have differing interpretations. I'd probably put the 'penalty goal' as when nobody has a chance of stopping it.
But of course, then the referee makes another subjective decision....but one that probably wouldn't come up.

Seems like a fair change.

I like the current law- players know where they stand- penalty and bye bye. Whether it's the first minute or last it's the same.

The rate we are going we are going to need DRS, appeals and time outs.

But if laws are written to aid fair play then awarding a goal is fairer than the chances of not scoring with a penalty?

Should cheating by stopping a certain goal gain you an advantage if it is spotted? Even more so in a cup game.

Should always be a red IMO.

As for the away team in the OP, I suggest they practice penalties a bit more!

Back