A&H

Junior/Youth Cup quarter final

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Had an email last night appointing me to a county cup quarter final! Absolutely chuffed with the appointment considering the grade I am. Didn't really expect anything past the first round yet alone a QF! Hope the weather holds off though

The Referee Store
I did an under 13 county cup quarter final last weekend. I had a good game, just the one caution for a reckless tackle, which could have been a red if I wasn't in a lenient mood! However, both teams probably deserved more as they were focusing on hurting each other rather than playing the game. Had to chat with the captains 4 or 5 times during the game to calm things down.Both teams marked me 90/ 100 so game went OK I think. Good luck in yours Aled!:)

Ooh it's the U14's that have the most problems with violence isn't it :eek:
Not that I'm trying to worry you but you might want to take a pair of boxing gloves (mainly for use on the parents):D

I've never has a problem like that with U14's. They know if they p**s around with me they'll get carded and inevitably sent off.

very lenient! ;)

As an aside, we never get to see the marks given to us by manager's in the youth leagues that i referee on.

We don't get to see ours on normal League games. However, in the county cup we have to take home a sort of fixture sheet given to us by both sides, which they put our mark on. Not really sure why we get them, all mine are just put in a draw and never looked at again haha

We don't get to find out any of them, not even an average at the end of the season. The only way you know if you have done well is if you are given a cup final.

i was told that, as long as we didn't hear from county, we could assume that we were doing o.k.

Nice one mate hopefully you will get more appointments like tha
That's how I started now I'm assistant referee in a international this week
Just takes plenty of hard work

The game is irrelevant! It's an international and that's all that matters!

Ah b****cks... Game's off tomorrow cause the council have called all games off on council pitches. My afternoon is also off so I have to hope my game survives Sunday and thankfully it's an academy game which should be on 3G.

This week I got a line in the uefa regions qualifying round on Wednesday night in Llanelli then the international Thursday afternoon

Back