The Ref Stop

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

bester

RefChat Addict
Plays advantage after a shirt pull by McCallister then goes back at the next stoppage to book him. Around 40 minutes.

The Ref Stop
What about VVD on Guehi - only listened on Talksh*** so yet to see.
If the directive the commentators talked about actually exists, i.e. a foul has to affect the ability of a player to get to the ball, then I'd say no penalty. Van Dijk certainly had hold of Guehi's arm, but there's no way he would have got to the ball as it was going straight to the keeper.

The EPL referees don't help lower level referees, the caution for Mac Allister was textbook SPA, there was nothing even vaguely reckless about it, yet Hooper played advantage then went back to caution. It's 100% incorrect in law.

If the directive the commentators talked about actually exists, i.e. a foul has to affect the ability of a player to get to the ball, then I'd say no penalty. Van Dijk certainly had hold of Guehi's arm, but there's no way he would have got to the ball as it was going straight to the keeper.

The EPL referees don't help lower level referees, the caution for Mac Allister was textbook SPA, there was nothing even vaguely reckless about it, yet Hooper played advantage then went back to caution. It's 100% incorrect in law.
Well it also seemed he only applied it to one team as well. It wasn't a dirty game by any means but Liverpool got their first free kick at 60 mins where as Palace had had 12 by that point!

Back