A&H

Croatia-Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Reminds me of Suarez did 8 years ago, handles the ball on the line and the penalty doesn't get scored. Will be interesting to see how it ends now.

Denmark have escaped denying a last gasp winner with a yellow card. Correct in law but that just doesn't seem like justice, does it?

I think he got something on the ball to be honest, only after going through the man. Pen absolutely, but tough one for DOGSO yellow/red.

Ball first then man, yellow
Man first, even if pubic hair of ball, red

The law was changed to prevent the harsh jeporady of guys who go into a tackle and miss

This was a deliberate foul/trip

The law was changed to avoid those, tried for ball but missed things

Not for guys to stop attacker at all costs and take a yc for the team

I don't think he got any ball...
There's a problem with the LotG - it's all about goal scoring opportunity and attempting to get the ball... this wasn't an opportunity... it was a goal about to happen.
This should be in the LotG and treated the same as handling on the line. The attempt/or not should not be a factor where a foul is preventing a certain goal.

An a related note... in tournament football.. DOGSO-Y has the massive bonus of no suspension for the offender - that can't be right either.

Outside of what the card should be it wouldn't have mattered for Croatia with 2 minutes to go as long as they get the pen.

This had Swarez DOGSO 2010 all over it for me. It's the most unfair thing if Ceoatia loses. The only solution is a automatic goal penalty which I don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back