A&H

Couple of things

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3014

I’m just trying to find dissent in lotg, the only thing I can find is law 12. Indirect free kick - is guilty of dissent using offensive insulting or abusive language.. is there anything else on dissent I.e more detail or players attitudes or persistent questioning you.

Also I’m trying to find the part about players saying I’ve got leave it mine etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Referee Store
is there anything else on dissent I.e more detail or players attitudes or persistent questioning you.

There is not. Here in the US we're instructed to use the 3 Ps to determine if something is dissent. Was it personal, public, or provocative? If it was then it's probably worthy of misconduct.

Also I’m trying to find the part about players saying I’ve got leave it mine etc?

Because it doesn't exist. Use the search function on the forum to find the infinite amount of times that this has been talked about.

https://www.refchat.co.uk/search/28766/?q="leave+it"&c[title_only]=1&o=date

I’m just trying to find dissent in lotg, the only thing I can find is law 12. Indirect free kick - is guilty of dissent using offensive insulting or abusive language.. is there anything else on dissent I.e more detail or players attitudes or persistent questioning you.

Any help would be appreciated.

2/10.....

1. There is also these on dissent.
1528163524433.png
1528163797662.png

There is nothing in lotg on how to manage dissent. But there is lots and lots and lots of advice (and debates) on this forum about it. You started the last one here https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/just-a-couple-of-things.11743/#post-115616
You can also search for sin bin.

2. The only part in the law that could possibly relate to players saying leave it or mine is
1528164086246.png
1528164114783.png

Again there are lots and lots of discussions here. You can find at least a dozen threads with this being the latest https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/players-shouting-leave-it.11380/

Last edited:
Need to be careful with some of the older material considering the amount of change in the recent years. For example the last FIFA document in @Hoosier Ref 's post, an offence does not have to be on the field of play for it to be considered a foul and the restart for a foul off the FOP is a FK or PK on the FOP.

Unfortunately USSF stopped providing additional up to date material a few years ago. Hopefully with the ~$750,000 that's been budgeted for a new online referee training module we will start getting information that extends beyond just the LOTG.

Thanks everybody for the response, in all honesty there are many questions I have regarding the terminology and laws themselves, I should have maybe waited and noted them all down before posting, I’ll search them all individually on here & if I get no luck eventually I’ll post a list of what I’m after to see if anyone can help.

Thanks.

One.... you are correct. I did not put the qualifier in there that these were not updated to reflect LOTG changes. Still good info for the topic at hand however

Reactions: one
Unfortunately USSF stopped providing additional up to date material a few years ago. Hopefully with the ~$750,000 that's been budgeted for a new online referee training module we will start getting information that extends beyond just the LOTG.
No, hopefully not. The reason why I think it was a correct decision to discontinue the USSF Advice to Referees are the reasons given in FIFA Circular No. 1224, "Amendments to the Laws of the Game - 2010/2011", issued 19 May, 2010 and which stated (in part):
It has been noted that certain associations and confederations are unilaterally issuing their own instructions and recommendations to referees within their territories concerning the enforcement of the Laws of the Game, thus increasing the chances of differing interpretations around the world. We would like to reiterate that the International Football Association Board (or FIFA on its behalf) is the only body with the authority to issue such additional instructions concerning the Laws of the Game in order to ensure uniform application worldwide.

It's not good to have a situation where one national association is issuing instructions to its referees only, for the very reasons stated in that circular. For instance there were several parts of the ATR that I think were contrary to the LotG, such as their insistence that advantage could only be applied to offences under Law 12, despite the fact that several other Laws specifically state that the advantage can be applied to their provisions.

Back