A&H

County leagues and Senior County leagues?

newref

I understand that Level 6 refs are county referees and level 5 refs are senior county referees. So what leagues are considered as county Leagues and what leagues are considered as senior County Leagues? For example, in the West Midlands which leagues would fall into these categories?

The Referee Store
Most County's will have a "County League" which is generally it's best standard of football for level 5 refs and below. Within that league, the Premier Division is normally the one where the guy in the middle will always be a Level 5 rather than a 6 or 7. It's not set in stone though and each County will do things slightly differently according to what they've found works best for them and of course, what refereeing cohort they have at their disposal .. :)

Most County's will have a "County League" which is generally it's best standard of football for level 5 refs and below. Within that league, the Premier Division is normally the one where the guy in the middle will always be a Level 5 rather than a 6 or 7. It's not set in stone though and each County will do things slightly differently according to what they've found works best for them and of course, what refereeing cohort they have at their disposal .. :)
Thanks for the response but you still didn't answer what leagues these would be? Are they the leagues on the English Football Pyramid? Such as "West Midlands Regional League" to name one?

Thanks for the response but you still didn't answer what leagues these would be? Are they the leagues on the English Football Pyramid? Such as "West Midlands Regional League" to name one?

Wiki should tell you the answer you seek I think ... although not sure how old the link is ... you'll find the West Midlands Regional League in there ... ;)

I understand thanks. And how much do referees get paid for county league matches?

I understand thanks. And how much do referees get paid for county league matches?
It's different.
As a level 5 in Cheshire I refereed games on the Cheshire league div 1 and below. The step 7 premier division was supply league and reffed by level 4s.
However, when I moved down to Cornwall the step 7 league was South West Peninsula league East and West (2 leagues) which was refereed by l4s and l5s. This has changed now to St piran league in the west and is refereed by 5s, and 4s occasionally do games when not appointed to the step 6 South West Peninsula prem.

Fees vary by league, some. Are inclusive fee and some are fee and expenses and some are fee and expenses above a certain distance.

West Midlands doesn't have county league per se, leagues cover several CFAs.
West Midlands Regional League's top division and Midland Football League Division 2 would be highest step a level 5 can referee.

Back