A&H

County Fa

KB

I'll take a tough game over an easy game any day!!
Level 4 Referee
Hi guys, just came to my mind that some lf the things on here, if they where posted on facebook for example, county fa would go nuts!! Any comments to help ease my mind before going through all my comments and changing/deleting them would be much apreciated!!

The Referee Store
Why would the County FA go nuts?
If you mean talking about match incidents then as long as you do not mention the teams or the competition there should be no problem

Reactions: SM
Its brought up at every RA meeting. Member got suspended for slating a ref on facebook last month

Keep yourself anonymous. Too late for that though!

Mind you, I would never openly slate a referee on here (like some do). A referee may make a mistake, but then it is highlighted and discussed - so we can try and avoid making the same one!

With your regards to you last post - county FAs hate referees commenting on social media sites (not refereeing forums) about referees. The audience is much greater - meaning two things. 1) More people see what you PERSONALLY have written 2) Thus, there are more potential reporters (i.e. people who report the post to the FA)

Keep yourself safe - just don't post stupid comments on Facebook saying a referee is sh*t.

Thanks mate great advice. Made myself a little more anonomous

You never know who's watching the forum, in France they are very, very, VERY attentive on what you may say about your colleagues (either same or top level) so basically no one ever talks about "low level" referees (I mean like me and most of you guys, it's not pejorative) and I think it's cool, some aren't smart enough to understand that you must not bash colleagues, unless they risk a sanction. Do you have popular facebook groups of UK's referees ?

On the other side, there is a lot of "snitching" around the grounds, when I saw the "Refs wearing tracksuits" topic I smiled because here you can't forget your badge or forget to warm up with the District's shirt without someone telling on you (Never happend to me tho)

HAny comments to help ease my mind before going through all my comments and changing/deleting them would be much apreciated!!

Yup only one comment - don't ever, ever, ever put in writing anything that you would not say to someone's face. Never. Even if they would go nuts when you said it, would you handle it in that insance in their face? If not, don't write it; if you would, then feel free.

Maybe at 15 this made you worry hard enough for 10 minutes to have a life long effect!

Charlie Hebdo wrote what they would say to someone's face, and did, but the other person didn't like it. Their problem.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

Back