The Ref Stop

county cup opt-out

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
I have just discovered that refs can opt-out of doing county cups if they want to.

I thought that was never an option for refs as CFAs would get shafted.

What would the CFA's do if all refs opted out? This seems very strange to make it optional.

The Ref Stop
Do they have to opt out by a certain date?

I can't imagine they'd be allowed to turn down the fixture and go to a local game - that's not permitted in my experience, but I don't know how the rules are in England. :)

Do they have to opt out by a certain date?

I can't imagine they'd be allowed to turn down the fixture and go to a local game - that's not permitted in my experience, but I don't know how the rules are in England. :)
I believe at the point of registration you can opt-out.

Is this an opt out for adult County Cups? Maybe it's for those who don't want to do adult football? Just a guess

Yep, always nice to be selected by your county for what can be very entertaining affairs.
not yesterday...one team made up of semi pros v a sunday league team from another league...didnt know what they had let themselves in for and got absolutely pumped

not yesterday...one team made up of semi pros v a sunday league team from another league...didnt know what they had let themselves in for and got absolutely pumped
Oh! so I had a 5 goal thriller on Saturday.
We'll not talk about the referee's performance but was very enjoyable game step 5 V step 6. 2-0 to 2-2 and then won at the death.

Reactions: es1
On the line for one last night. 1-1 with 2 goals from corners. Dire game with hardly any incident whatsoever. 1 shot on target apart from the 2 goals. No cards requires (step 6 teams). An absolute bore fest. Easy game but the ref was very good as he always is. The 30 or so spectators may wished they hadn't bothered, although one of the penalties in the shoot put was hilariously bad.

Back