A&H

County Cup Game

BrisRef

Hi all,

I have a county cup game (U14) this Sunday and I just have a few questions since I haven't refereed a game in the early rounds of a county cup before.

1. What time should I arrive at the ground? I would normally arrive 25-30 mins before if it were the local Sunday league, but should I add 15 or so minutes on since it's a more important fixture?

2. What should I wear? Normally wouldn't wear anything more than kit and a tracksuit but not sure :/

Cheers!

The Referee Store
I always arrive an hour before games. Plenty of time to make sure everything is just as you want it.

Fair enough. With standard youth games, however, I find that arriving more than 30 mins before is pointless unless I want the whole pitch to myself for warming up! May be different for county cup though, of course.

30 mins before KO should be fine and a smart track suit will be ok.

Just remember to wear your CFA badge on your kit!

Check CFA rules too. For this season - just advised - all our County Cup ties now go straight to penalties if a draw at full time. Bit of a muggers buddle down here now.

County FA - Straight to pens
Town (sub) FAs - straight to pens
League (Sat OA) - Extra Time playable
League (Sun OA) - Straight to pens.

I had a couple of early round ties last year and followed exactly the same procedure as I do for any league match.

I have used the same system for years and it has served me well. I always set off from home giving me plenty of time. If there are no traffic delays I will normally arrive at the ground an hour before kick off, but if there are delays, by giving yourself that little more time you will still be there in plenty of time. I like to wear a collar and tie, but on certain grounds where you know the facilities are not great, then smart track suit is fine. I do not differentiate between County games and other games. They are all appointments which require my full attention and respect.

Is it that important to wear a cfa badge? Ive got a famoa on my kit, so should i just stitch it temporarily over the top, or just not bother?

Double sided tape is a valuable resource. Either tape it over the top or on the other side, whichever is your preference

Is it that important to wear a cfa badge? Ive got a famoa on my kit, so should i just stitch it temporarily over the top, or just not bother?

In Leicestershire, referees are encouraged to wear the county badge when on County cup duty.

In Leicestershire, referees are encouraged to wear the county badge when on County cup duty.
ive seen it frank its true ,are you on Leicester senior league and the east midland counties if so might see you around I suspect cornsey may be your ref secretary

ive seen it frank its true ,are you on Leicester senior league and the east midland counties if so might see you around I suspect cornsey may be your ref secretary

I used to be level four and did MFA , Midland Combination and contributory line. But since my injuries, I just do district league and Hinckley Sunday League.

I used to be level four and did MFA , Midland Combination and contributory line. But since my injuries, I just do district league and Hinckley Sunday League.
ah I see, just have a match coming up shortly at caterpillar v Kirby with two neutral Leicester lads in the lsl

'Match officials must wear the worcestershire football association badge on their uniform'
Straight from the rules for Worcestershire's county cup and I'd assume all the other cfa's as well, couldn't be much clearer on the matter

A lot of county's say that refs must wear a 'black and white' uniform.......how many adhere to that?

well I've just spent an hour and every swear word ever to be created or will be created trying to temporarily pin my wfa badge next to my famoa which is already on the kit!

Back