A&H

County cup game

Zimmyman

Ok 5th game !! And it’s a county cup game !
Nerves !! But then I’ve found out I’ve got a mentor visiting as well !!
Oh well let’s hope it goes ok nervous to say the least !!!
Let you know tonight how it went

The Referee Store
Your mentor is there for your development, not to pick fault with your refereeing. Use them as much as you can, they'll have a wealth of experience.

Good luck for the game and most of all, enjoy it!

Had a county cup game today too and was being observed as I am going for promotion. Easy game really. 10 fouls in total. No cards. Away team won easily. Plenty of goals. Handshakes all round at the end. And even a compliment on my positioning and sprints from the observer (something previously noted as an improvement point on previous assessments)!!!

U18 County Cup game also; this a.m.
Mercy Rule invoked at 10 - 0
My pet hate, noncompetitive sport :poop:
No idea why clubs enter competitions in which they are bound to get smashed

Also had a Youth County Cup game this morning, finished 3-0 to away side with 2 yellows to each side. Then get home to find a nice tweet from the losing side about my “poor” performance. Worth a report against it?

U18 Cup game today too. 4-2, to the home side. Excellent game, no cards required and some great goals. Handshakes all round. In to an OA game in the afternoon, 3 bookings, bit of dissent and technyness from the home side with 15 mins to go as they knew they'd lost. Had a OA game yesterday, no cards, handshakes all round. On the sofa now watching City and moving nowhere any time soon

Mercy rule at county cup youth? Looks like I am looking at the rules tonight I had no idea about that one.

Also had a Youth County Cup game this morning, finished 3-0 to away side with 2 yellows to each side. Then get home to find a nice tweet from the losing side about my “poor” performance. Worth a report against it?
It’s when they stop talking about you that you have to worry! I loved the banter, every dog has it’s day and all that!!! Lose the battle, win the financial war!!!

U18 County Cup game also; this a.m.
Mercy Rule invoked at 10 - 0
My pet hate, noncompetitive sport :poop:

The home team in my match admitted they entered the wrong county cup! They ended up playing a much better quality team in a cup they had no chance in. They lost but it wasn't for a lack of trying. They even scored in the very last minute through just closimg down the keeper. Lots of goals. Some very good ones. But definitely lack of competitiveness made for a boring game overall.

Cheers Big Cat. Although I could have done with a mercy rule in my womens game. 0-19 very hard to keep concentration up

Ok done and dusted !!!! Great game to referee ! Real decent standard no cards hand shakes ! Great managers no obscene parents
In fact very enjoyable and my mentor said I did great ! Apart from the obvious buts !
I came away proud and humble !

Teams who enter the FA Cup in the extra preliminary rounds don't have a hope in hell of reaching the final but they go in the hat year in year out. It's about the challenge and taking part. (Oh, and money!)
In County Cups the players sometimes get a chance to play at facilities they might never get the opportunity to again and even in defeat will enjoy the day. It all depends on the draw but I think everyone has the right to enter competitions available to them.

Back