Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Foul, no card.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foul, yellow card.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Foul, red card.

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
Classic bad touch then ridiculous lunge. Yes he got the ball but not in a safe manner. Good spot by the ref in real time. Easy to call in slo mo.

The Referee Store
Yellow for me but wouldn't argue with any ref who tells him to walk. Good call by the Polish ref without the benefit of a replay.

Classic bad touch then ridiculous lunge. Yes he got the ball but not in a safe manner. Good spot by the ref in real time. Easy to call in slo mo.

Bad touch? Seriously?
The bloke clearly just wanted to boot the ball away which was exactly what he did James. It was a classic good touch.
As for "ridiculous lunge" - you mean momentum/gravity? ;) :cool:

To some degree this was a perfectly normal challenge on some of my Estates derby games on Sundays, play on would be expected... harsh red!

Reactions: Kes
Tough one IMO. This isn't a studs-first challenge--he plays the ball away cleanly with the top of his foot. The natural movement leaves his studs hitting the late arriving opponent. I can, unfortunately, rationalize any result here. (I'd like a better sense of where the opponent came from to more clearly evaluate the culpability--I can't tell from the clip if he was lunging in late or if he pulled up because of the aggressive challenge.)

Back