A&H

Contentious decision: What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM EDIT - portion of post removed - not need mate.

@GLANTRAETHFAN ... the head butt as others have said is a RC for sure ... VC is a serious matter in football and must be noted and treated correctly, please do take this with you into your next game as next time some players may not be so forgiving in their attitude for lack of punishment. the restart again, as many have said is a penalty or direct free kick dependant on the area of the pitch.

to make you feel a little better ... I pass my BRC when I was 14, after 4 years I took a break from the game due to work ... I then restarted last season - in my first game I had a player commit a ridiculous challenge on an opponent from behind - chaos ensued! I successfully sent the attacker off and cautioned the linesman and another player ... what I didn't do was send the victim off, and I should have! his reaction was to get up from the floor and grab the attacker by the scruff of his neck and give him a good what for! I got so caught up in the whole 'first game, remembering who had done what' etc. that by the time I had restarted with a free kick to the victim it was too late!

mistakes will be made regardless of level ... I'm sure we all remember 3 yellows before the red, and a certain Arsenal player being sent off incorrectly?

what the important thing to do is take on board what we have said, please do realise it was a RC (don't argue that for heavens sake!) and realise also that it should have been a DFK/PK ...

I, and I'm sure a few others would too, would love to hear your thoughts now you've had a few responses ... oh and please do ignore the perfectionists ... anyone can be perfect on paper!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
GENTLEMEN. Let's all calm down a little and not lose sight of the fact that this is a referee asking advice. Not asking to be slaughtered.

Warning points are heading the way of the next poster who fails to heed my warning and crosses the line of acceptability.

:devil:

@GLANTRAETHFAN , put the rope down mate and step away from the edge of the building

All referees get things wrong...... at all levels

The important thing is to learn from every game you do.... and all the self improvement points you give yourself on the way home in the car ...try to take them into the next game ....

Eventually you will reach the levels of perfection that are very apparent on this Forum :oops:

Aren't you all such heroes!
I'm sure if I punched you in the face in front of a policeman and he did nothing you'd be crying out in support of this poor officer and would write to your Chief Constable a letter of full support for the officer's actions.
Cos, hey NOBODY'S PERFECT!!!
dumdedum de diddly dum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back