A&H

Community Shield

If it brushes you, did the impact start the promising attack? Or was it happening anyway? That’s the conclusion you’d have to draw. Instinct would say it was happening anyway and you’d play on

That would be my preference, but there does not seem to be any room for common sense on a plain reading of the law

The Referee Store
That would be my preference, but there does not seem to be any room for common sense on a plain reading of the law
The law does specify start of a promising attack so even though it’s not particularly worded well (no surprises there), it does state that if the attack is already on going then we’re fine to play on

Another unnecessary change on the myopic perception that its "what football expects". It was fine as it was, as someone has already stated, just the rub of the green. But then as I'm retired I don't really give a fig.....

I wonder if evolving positioning advice could play a part here. With the focus on deep and wide morphing to more of a stay close to play, the risks of Rs getting hit in a way that impacts the game increases--particularly a ref getting hit by a clearance in a way that creates a scoring opportunity.

Back