A&H

Coming back to refereeing after short break, have there been any rule changes recently?

Kref

So I have just taken a 3 month break from refereeing to focus on myself for stuff. And I am wondering have there been any changes regarding the rules whilst I have been away. And does anyone have a quick summary for the basic rules just as a quick opener as I remember most of the rules but some are now slipping my mind as I am writing this.

The Referee Store
So I have just taken a 3 month break from refereeing to focus on myself for stuff. And I am wondering have there been any changes regarding the rules whilst I have been away. And does anyone have a quick summary for the basic rules just as a quick opener as I remember most of the rules but some are now slipping my mind as I am writing this.
If you have only been out of action for the last three months, the laws are the same now as they were in September, when you stopped. The changes are made each summer.
Visit the IFAB website for current laws and this season's changes.
Welcome back!

Mike Dean is allowed to circumnavigate the new drop ball law (and as our righteous demigod we back him 100%). Other than that I believe its same old same old
Whats the new drop ball law? Has it changed or has Mike Dean just done the impossible?

The laws are only changed once a year, in June or July (usually June these days).

Occasionally, a clarification or interpretation guideline will be issued in between times, but that hasn't happened this season so there have been no changes in the time you've been away.

In case it helps though, here's a link to the IFAB presentation for this season's changes.

IFAB - Latest Law Changes

Back