A&H

coloured shirt

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
i was thinking, would it be a problem to buy a coloured shirt ad keep it in my bag encase a team turns up in black or isn't it aloud?

The Referee Store
Strictly speaking, it isn't allowed. However, I have seen people get away with a coloured kit in school/academy matches.

I have also seen academy referees wear coloured tops

ok thank you, if anyone has one for sale, umbro preferred in medium let me know please

Academy refereeing is a "different ball game".

Unless you're provided with the official coloured kit, then wear nothing but black. No matter what anyone says. If a team turns up in black, and has no change of kit, you don't play the game. Don't change shirts, don't wear a bib. It has the potential to land you in hot water and is just not worth it. Clubs are warned often enough that they shouldn't be buying black kits and that referees must always wear black, but some will still try it on - and I'm sure we all know about "last week's ref".

Haha, so it would seem :p I mean in Canada we officially wear three colours: black, yellow or red although the current kit doesn't come in red so we're down to two but if anyone showed up to referee, say, a local U12 match in a blue or green or whatever other colour shirt, nobody would bat an eye (except to remark how garish it looked) so long as it didn't clash with the teams.

I know I'm reviving this but could we put a petition across the RA-FA to allow us to be able to wear our coloured kits as USA and Canada are aloud to use coloured shirts

I know I'm reviving this but could we put a petition across the RA-FA to allow us to be able to wear our coloured kits as USA and Canada are aloud to use coloured shirts
Craig, The FA considered this matter earlier this season. They didn't just make a unilateral decision, they sought feedback from referees. After consulting with the local RAs and the County FAs the overwhelming decision was that referees should remain in black and County FAs should crack down on teams breaching the rule in the Standard Code of Rules which prohibits the wearing of black or veryu dark shirts.

i was thinking, would it be a problem to buy a coloured shirt ad keep it in my bag encase a team turns up in black or isn't it aloud?
What you should be doing is playing the game and then reporting the team for a breach of competition rules for wearing black shirts. They are prohibited by the rules of most competitions.

I don't like the idea of coloured kits:
1.) It would cost us more money buying them
2.) You would have to keep/carry them with you
3.) They make you stand out more, remember as a referee if nobody notices you at a match it is a good day.

I'm not sure why anybody would want to wear a colour other than black. There's never been an issue with the current system - teams can't wear black and that's final. I know that I personally would never turn up to a game with bright yellow boots as that would look unprofessional, so why would I want to wear an almost fluorescent top that makes me stand out? I agree with HullRef - a quiet day is a good day! Not only that, but buying 3/4 kits would be unnecessarily expensive and not economical, especially as it would only be for the sake of wanting to wear different colours.

Back