A&H

Coach runs onto pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always warn before abandoning the game. For best result find someone from the team who is more co-operative. Warning the coach/player who is being sent off could have a negative effect. Also don't communicate it in a threatening manner. Put the onus on them, "if he doesn't leave, I'll have no option but to abandon".

The Referee Store
Yep.

Give them a time limit...say 5 mins....

I had that this season, albeit on an adult game. Asked him three times to go, and at Hackney Marshes so the car park is a long, long way away). After he refused on the 3rd attempt, spouting the usual "it's a public park nonsense", I blew the whistle and started to walk off. That did the trick and he trudged off at that point, he obviously thought I wasn't going to carry out my promise.

Where are you guys refereeing where having less than one coach is bad practice?

The London/Hertfordshire scene I've been on has a load of leagues between U8-U18 each with anything up to six divisions of 10-20 teams for each age group. This is real nitty gritty grassroots and most teams have one coach/manager and parents watching the game. Most teams show up with one coach and a couple of parents if that. There are exceptions but I wouldn't have started about 200 games if having only one coach is unacceptable.

Safeguarding children guidelines say there should be at least two CRC qualified adults. Not only in case of situations like this, but also if there is only one adult he could be getting away with all sorts undetected.

Yes, and if nobody can take over, then the match is abandoned as a result. Being the only team coach is not an excuse to behave poorly on the touchline.

"a medical team official who commits a dismissible offence may remain if the
team has no other medical person available, and act if a player needs medical
attention."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back