A&H

clueless pundits

The Referee Store
I know mate, but they're out there......... apparently...... :D
harry-kane-arse.jpg

Especially for @Ross :D

Please help me to be a better referee by pointing out the EXACT page where it declares this offence is 100% a handball.
Or are you just putting your own interpretation on the laws and struggling to accept others may not hold your experiences?
Handballs (like throw in technique) are incredibly loosely defined in the laws, so please don't treat me like I've just said the 18 yard box must be 20 yards!
deliberate handball is an offence, if you watched the incident you will see it was clearly deliberate

I think that's exactly what happened. I think the arm has come across to block the attacker and once he's touched the ball he's panicked and kind of flicked it away in an attempt to get it off him.
I remember doing the exact same thing myself once. In my attempt to not handle the ball I handled the ball even more :s
FWIW I mostly agree with you and @Charlie Jones. I think Nathan Dyer is primarily making a move to block Danny Rose or make the space between Rose and the ball his. He instinctively knows the ball has flicked of his foot but isn't too sure where it is. He has vague awareness but is more concerned with preventing Rose getting to the ball before him. I agree he's panicked and has knocked the ball away with his hand.
Bobby Madley doesn't appear to have the best view and I wonder if he put two and two together before his decision? Can he see both of Rose's arms and therefore, no deviation of the ball by him? Does he see (can he see) or assume Dyer's arm is outstretched in front of Rose? Does he identify the deviation of the ball to the left to be caused by Dyer's arm? I'd love to know what he saw but his call for a penalty appears to be reactive based-on Rose's appeal. As I say, I don't know.
Now, is this deliberate? Could Dyer react quick enough to deliberately flick the ball away? Given the same view as Madley, could you process it fast enough and be 100% sure?

You mean like refs that have done an FA cup final and 2 World Cups?
Yeah, how the f*ck are they referees :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-City-FA-Cup-not-beaten-video-officials.html

["But his action was not deliberate - and it should not have been a penalty".]

Nice bit of extra sensory perception from Mr Poll there. Or is it telepathy. :rolleyes:
Maybe he's a Leicester fan - who knows? Besides, it's in the Daily Mail so it must be true/correct. ;)

At the end of the day, a top class PGMOL referee deemed it to be deliberate handball and he correctly awarded a penalty.
Correct decision mate, all day long. :)

Back