A&H

Clueless "pundits"

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Never fails to amaze me how clueless some commentators/pundits are at times when it comes to the laws of the game.

Latest gem from Ian Wright, never has been the sharpest tool in the box, on BT Sport.

Gary Lineker and his pundits talking through Arsenal's defeat in Zagreb, Gary Lineker asks the question was Walcott offside? Ian Wright responds "His arm might have been offside". Wright was swiftly corrected by Lineker. :eek:

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Not reffing related but Robbie Savage in the Chelsea game last night.
'Loic Remy has been an unused sub in all of Chelsea's games this season. He hasn't scored a goal either'.
Cheers Robbie.

On a non refereeing subject I was amused bt Messrs Gerrard, Ferdinand and Wright offering the combined wisdom on Dynamo Zagreb vs Arsenal last night. All predicted a "comfortable win" for Arsenal. This is against a team who have won their league for 10 seasons in a row, were undefeated in the league last season and have not lost at home for ages. No doubt these guys were paid handsomely for their "expertise" which proved completely wrong.

Also I think it was Martin Keown summarising last night ....when Aspina slipped on the FK Keown commented " Oh hes a lucky boy there he has kicked it twice should be an IFK to Zagreb "

He was quickly put in his place by the commentator who explained to him the ball had to come out the area to be active

Someone who frantically googled 'laws of the game' to make himself sound like a smart-bottom :'D

they really make our jobs harder

Completely agree.

Had a game yesterday where ball breaks forward to striker on halfway line on a 1 on 1. Striker flicks it over defender who handballs it to prevent the break. I give the freekick and call the defender over and all I can hear is every man and his dog shouting 'he's the last man, he's got to go.'

I caution him and the next 10 minutes I'm constantly getting shouts of 'he bottled it' from around the pitch and sidelines.

How slow the striker was it would have amazed me if he'd made it to the edge of the 18 yard box never mind scored!

Ball breaks through yesterday striker through on goal with keeper on the corner of the penalty arc. Keeper rushes out and clatters player couple of yards outside the box.

As soon as I blow the keeper just takes off his gloves and walks.

Defender had got just about level with keeper but struggled to grasp that didn't mean that the keeper 'not being last man' (even though he was) was ridiculous as the striker would have just had to tap it into, at worst(!) a net that had a defender who couldn't use his hands to stop it!

Captain told him to shut up.....god bless a good captain!

Back