A&H

Club Marks

At levels 7-5, club marks should be irrelevant - as long as you have the required observations, they count for absolutely nothing
They potentially count towards the games to which you're appointed, especially those games in which there's something at stake. My OA RefSec closely monitors the marks

The Referee Store
Just put a tie on, keep your hands out of your pockets, have the latest kit fad, don’t give any yellows and it’s the Premier League for you laddie! 👍

They potentially count towards the games to which you're appointed, especially those games in which there's something at stake. My OA RefSec closely monitors the marks

And so he should, as a good RefsSec should be able to tell from the marks who his best referees are, after all, with the absence of observer reports it is all he has to go on. On one league I know of the average this season is between 57 and 94, that's discounting referees that have only done a couple of games. You don't average 94 over 20+ games if you don't know what you are doing, especially when they can see that cards are being given out so he isn't shirking duties (clubs mark you down for this anyway if mandatory cards aren't used, even if one is happy the other won't be). Likewise you don't average 57 if there isn't something seriously wrong with your game, especially when you look at the data and see that even winning teams are marking very lowly when there hasn't been any misconduct.

When it comes to the top of the table clash or cup finals are you using the referee who has averaged 94 or the one that has averaged 57? If you answered the latter you aren't cut out for the role of RefsSec ... :)

Just put a tie on, keep your hands out of your pockets, have the latest kit fad, don’t give any yellows and it’s the Premier League for you laddie! 👍

Unfortunately you have zero credibility to make statements like that having no experience whatsoever of refereeing promotion and what is required and your continued bleating on is, frankly, boring. Really is a case of put your money, or rather in this case your legs and whistle, where your mouth (or keyboard) is .. ;)

Unfortunately you have zero credibility to make statements like that having no experience whatsoever of refereeing promotion and what is required and your continued bleating on is, frankly, boring. Really is a case of put your money, or rather in this case your legs and whistle, where your mouth (or keyboard) is .. ;)
I apologise, I was wrong, its a brilliant system, everybody respects that you've a difficult job to do and adjusts mark accordingly....... Its frankly boring trying to actually justify it!!!!!

To clarify (my opinion), Club Marks have some validity, regardless of whether the referee is subject to observations. Occasional marks will be absurd, so as I mentioned the other day, median score is better than arithmetic mean. My marks are good, so they must be bang on ;)

To clarify (my opinion), Club Marks have some validity, regardless of whether the referee is subject to observations. Occasional marks will be absurd, so as I mentioned the other day, median score is better than arithmetic mean. My marks are good, so they must be bang on ;)
36883109_23843012966610311_9081342652401582080_n.png.jpg
In Club Marks We Trust!!

Interesting topic. I've just been appointed as 4th official for a Cup Final at a Championship Ground at the end of the month. I'm chuffed of course, and upon being told over the phone that is been selected, I was also told that the appointment is purely on merit. I only ref in this league once a month (although I help out with extra afternoon games when I can). I've never met the appointment officer so I'm assuming club marks represent the 'merit'?

Interesting topic. I've just been appointed as 4th official for a Cup Final at a Championship Ground at the end of the month. I'm chuffed of course, and upon being told over the phone that is been selected, I was also told that the appointment is purely on merit. I only ref in this league once a month (although I help out with extra afternoon games when I can). I've never met the appointment officer so I'm assuming club marks represent the 'merit'?

Yes, and possibly positive feedback from clubs. Clubs do complain about referees, but it is also quite common that they will email the league to offer positive feedback.

Yes, and possibly positive feedback from clubs. Clubs do complain about referees, but it is also quite common that they will email the league to offer positive feedback.
I once got called out at a Managers meeting from one **** manager who'd of given me 1/1000 at very best.... He stood up and ranted about me doing this and that and harshly carding his little cherubs. So the ref sec stood up and read out my detailed referee report of this game giving the cards and reasons and what was actually said word for word, warts and all... Apparently the room was in hilarious uproar that he was talking out of his ****. It took me years to get a reputation, I had no intention of dropping standards with his Neanderthal cluster**** of a team...

Back