A&H

Clatts - utd vs city (12/4/15)

SM

The avuncular one
noticed something quite unsettling. Clattenburg doesn't half touch a lot of players bottoms during this game. Every chance he gets, hand takes an expedition South...

:hmmm:

The Referee Store
Injured himself ,stretched , could easily have been a red ! But the ref gave himself time to think consulted his assistant and made a good judgement call ? IMO .....

noticed something quite unsettling. Clattenburg doesn't half touch a lot of players bottoms during this game. Every chance he gets, hand takes an expedition South...

:hmmm:

...and did you notice this whilst you were watching the aforementioned bottoms, monkey?

I thought it was a yellow. It was late, it was reckless, but I don't think it was with excessive force.

Any thoughts on the Demichaelis incidents?

Ref stops the game as player is down with head injury. As soon as the game stops, player jumps up and is fine. Unsporting behaviour?

Regarding the Kompany incident; I thought it should have been red.

Although Jones and Fellaini should have been cautioned and Kompany sent off, these were very hard too pick up in real time.
His biggest error was not sanctioning the two much more obvious challenges by Clichy just beacause it was the first ten. I literally couldn't believe he didn't issue a card for the 2nd one.
On a side note, did I see him play advantage from an offside when Young completely mucked up a free header? (ie. make a pretty basic error in law?)

Last edited:
Looking back on the company tackle ...........exessive force , straight leg , studs up and 2ft off the floor its a red card all day long im changing my mind :)

Cant say i noticed SM .....! Have no problem with his orientation ? Or his little fetishes ?

Probably my favorite ref at the moment ?

Also, since when could you not play advantage from offside?

I've not had a look at the book yet, but I understood that when a player in an offisde position plays the ball a IDFK must be given every time even if the defence take possession in a promising position.

Well butter my *rse. Just had a look at the book and it says you can apply advantage from any offence. I honestly have refereed the past 8 years thinking offside was not one of them. No idea how that's not been picked up in the several law exams I've done.
Got away with it because it is so rare I guess. God only knows where I got the idea though.

I was abit confused near the end of the game, it appeared that Michael Carrick ran off the field during play due to an injury. Did he get the Clatts permission? Because he didn't get booked for leaving the FOP without permission? Maybe i missed something.

Saw a vine of this which I'll try and link. Clatts reaction is brilliant!!
Any thoughts on the Demichaelis incidents?

Ref stops the game as player is down with head injury. As soon as the game stops, player jumps up and is fine. Unsporting behaviour?

Regarding the Kompany incident; I thought it should have been red.

Edited to add link (hopefully it works)

https://vine.co/v/euiVVb0gFrF

Last edited:
De michaels ! Yellow all day long for either simulation or dissent , unfortunately you cant booked for earning £200 000 pw and not being that good at football ! :confused:

Back