A&H

Clattenburg

The Referee Store
How very odd and confusing

Right decision reached but it took forever for what was a simple non-offside

Looks like he was controlling the replays himself by touching the screen. And then the person he called over was, I can only assume, an expert in the VAR system.

Huh, he's allowed to show the, I presume, manager the VAR? I thought that was a no-no?

And then the person he called over was, I can only assume, an expert in the VAR system.

Why's he down there? What a confusing video.

He hasn't been "relieved of his duties" (in the sense of being sacked) as far as I can tell. His contract was due to expire at the end of February anyway and it was already being reported last October that although he was going to leave Saudi Arabia when his contract ended, he was unlikely to be welcomed back into the Premier League.

Clattenburg unlikely to make Premier League return

He hasn't been "relieved of his duties" (in the sense of being sacked) as far as I can tell. His contract was due to expire at the end of February anyway and it was already being reported last October that although he was going to leave Saudi Arabia when his contract ended, he was unlikely to be welcomed back into the Premier League.

Clattenburg unlikely to make Premier League return
Not sure he could be forgiven for that London derby and his subsequent comments about the game
Clatts has also spoken publicly about his relief to escape the pressure cooker of PL officiating and the fact that he wasn't enjoying games (counting every minute etc)

Ive heard the Saudis have sentenced him to a Middlesbrough season ticket... he’s really lucky he didn’t get the away games package too! 😂

Deserves MBE or whatever, exception to the rule that you must conform to make the grade
few times the FA or whoever tried to kick him down but, he fought back.

Should have a statue somewhere.

Back