A&H

Clattenburg leaves Forest

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member

Decided to avoid the obvious puns in the title. However the standout comment for me is this;

“It has also led to the unmerited targeting of me, personally, by certain participants and pundits," he said”

There’s a real case of making a rod for his own back here. Abuse is wrong, but he painted a target on his back and through serious errors of judgement he’s been hammered. I’m not sympathetic regardless of his intentions when taking on the role.

Any integrity he had was lost when failing to quit following or condemn the social media outburst and then doubling down with his newspaper article. That had the hallmarks of taking a shot at PGMOL for stopping his World Cup participation in 2018.

The Referee Store
Someone posted a + / - goal difference regarding VAR. Forest had done well according to that metric.

So the fact Forest were the most vocal club analysing every technical injustice to the media, shows he was there to technically analyse decisions quickly, so at the post match interview Forest could undermine the officials.

An absolute Judas position, to undermine your previous profession, and stab your ex-colleagues in the back.

Clattenburg taking up that role never made sense to me, but considering he never seemed well liked at the PGMO I can see why Forest went for him.
technically analyse decisions quickly, so at the post match interview Forest could undermine the officials.
This is exactly what his job seemed to me - Give the manager ammunition for his interviews, and gives them a scapegoat when Clattenburg's views are used to defend Forest.

I listen to an interview with him and he was complaining about the body fat percentage limitations killing his refereeing career.

So bloke has a chip on his shoulder.

I listen to an interview with him and he was complaining about the body fat percentage limitations killing his refereeing career.

So bloke has a chip on his shoulder.
That's not a chip on a shoulder, that's just full-on delusion and revision of history. He did the Euros final in 2016 and then was refereeing pretty much every week in the first half of the 2016/17 season including some high-profile games, until he chose to leave for Saudi. His refereeing career was killed when he chose to give it up.

1715071138904.png

That's not a chip on a shoulder, that's just full-on delusion and revision of history. He did the Euros final in 2016 and then was refereeing pretty much every week in the first half of the 2016/17 season including some high-profile games, until he chose to leave for Saudi. His refereeing career was killed when he chose to give it up.

View attachment 7300
Should have a word with him.

Back