A&H

Classic things you hear whilst refereeing...

Not so much a classic comment but an expected one taken to extreme, away team equalise with last kick of the game. As I'm walking off the usual comments about how much extra time I'd played when one guy demands to know how I'd played 12 minutes of injury time.

I had to stifle my laugh as it was ridiculous as we'd played 3 1/2 due to subs etc, I showed him my watch showing said time but no, his standard watch he had counted near an hour of a second half lol.

The Referee Store
Not so much a classic comment but an expected one taken to extreme, away team equalise with last kick of the game. As I'm walking off the usual comments about how much extra time I'd played when one guy demands to know how I'd played 12 minutes of injury time.

I had to stifle my laugh as it was ridiculous as we'd played 3 1/2 due to subs etc, I showed him my watch showing said time but no, his standard watch he had counted near an hour of a second half lol.

Did you refer him to a horologist? :)

Reactions: SM
Ha ha unbelievably the clubs twitter account is also now claiming I played until the 102 minute. Some teams are so petty and bitter when they lose it's unreal.

Ryan the uk is mostly based around social media and then if a club writes something about you. You can report them

I'm just wondering why you would ever want to read the drivel they post on social media. I would say your best bet is to ignore it -- you're just asking for trouble by reading that kind of thing.

Personally I don't read them but it is an offence to post things on social media about anyone

I was sent a link on Facebook to their twitter feed, the devil inside me forced me to look. Not sure if I'll report them as it's just sour grapes really and a little bit childish, they haven't named me directly. Guess both my watches need replacing if they were out by that much.

It is their opinion - I don't think it is worth reporting. Doesn't say anything derogatory.

Well except that they believe your watch reading skills are possibly suspect! :D

I'm just wondering why you would ever want to read the drivel they post on social media. I would say your best bet is to ignore it -- you're just asking for trouble by reading that kind of thing.
To be honest most of the stuff they say is laughable - it makes a good read if you want to read something funny!! ;)

Maybe the half time break was only 10 minutes or so and they forgot to turn off their watches :D

Had one last night that my dad heard from a parent in the crowd.
The ball was played through to the striker (opposite to the parents team), I don't call anything. He says "God that was a mile offside" (my dad told me that it was about 1 or 2 yards) so my dad says "what do you expect the ref to do he was only about a yard offside" then came the reply "he should've been inline with the defence", shortly followed by a roar of laughter by all of the parents. The guy never said anything for the rest of the game about my decision making. :)

On the line a few months ago, and I had made friends with the right winger. Anyway, this chap thinks he has been fouled (would have been the softest free kick going and certainly wasn't going to be given!). He does the usual complaints, and states that it is GBH! I told him to press charges if he wants! Shut him up and got me some brownie points from the crowd behind me.

Had a good one in my U18 game last night.

Red defender intercepts the ball and puts it into the car park and shouts out "my ball". There was nobody within five yards. I just laughed, as did the other 21 players on the pitch! :D

Back