A&H

City v Arse

You are correct, of course, but I was replying specifically to a question about playing in a dangerous manner.
In which case it would always be IFK. playing in a dangerous manner can not be a DFK. It is specifically listed as IFK in LOTG. When there is contact, it is not classed as PIADAM. The wording of law was changed to clarify this.

The Referee Store
In which case it would always be IFK. playing in a dangerous manner can not be a DFK. It is specifically listed as IFK in LOTG. When there is contact, it is not classed as PIADAM. The wording of law was changed to clarify this.
I am fully aware of the laws, but some of our newer colleagues are not as clear on points of law and this forum helps, hopefully.

Nothing in the Aguero incident. I wouldn’t even want a ref to get involved with that if I was that AR in a Sunday league game.

how do we feel if the penalty was given under the attempts to (kick, trip, strike) bracket?
Really surprised by this.

He threw a hissy fit about the decision and the grabbed her shoulder. Referee should have been all over that.

There is a difference between a joke between players and officials and then frustration with a decision.

I bet he wouldn't have done that to a male lino

Really surprised by this.

He threw a hissy fit about the decision and the grabbed her shoulder. Referee should have been all over that.

There is a difference between a joke between players and officials and then frustration with a decision.

I bet he wouldn't have done that to a male lino
I'm glad someone else said this, I was reading the thread and thinking I'd seen something entirely different!

He is arguing a decision and somewhat aggressively grabs an official in order to do so. Michael Oliver famously sent off Buffon for a more aggressive version of this, but male of female, big or small, I'd still be wanting my referee to stamp down on that to some extent.

I think you could justify red if you wanted to, I think it could easily have qualified as dissent and I think the very least you want is the referee to take him to one side and make it clear that it's not acceptable. We talk about how to manage dissent all the time on here and the one thing we all agree on is that ignoring it doesn't work.

The arguing was obvious dissent but routine for the Premier League - except what's happened to staying 2m from the officials in a time of virus? I suppose it matters if the hand (grab?) was "aggressive" but that's surely best judged by the officials on the day including anything said.

2743.jpg

The arguing was obvious dissent but routine for the Premier League - except what's happened to staying 2m from the officials in a time of virus? I suppose it matters if the hand (grab?) was "aggressive" but that's surely best judged by the officials on the day.

View attachment 4627
Thing with that pic, utd probably just got a free kick and pogba is joking around.

This was it was Dissent and an intimidating grab

You'd be walking a fine line since referees in Spain and the US (probably more) wear whichever colour sweatbands they feel like!
As an American referee, I'd like to add just a little bit of context.

It is correct that many US referees wear blue wristbands. We wear those in honor of former US FIFA referee Terry Vaughn, who has battled Huntington's disease. Blue is the color for Huntington's disease, so we often wear blue wristbands with "HD" on them. Occasionally, some referees will wear pink wristbands in October for breast cancer awareness. As for white or black wristbands, I've watched referees around the world wear both colors.

EDIT - In Iowa this fall, many referees are wearing purple wristbands with the initials of a beloved referee/instructor/assessor in our state who passed in the spring because of pancreatic cancer. The wristbands serve the same purpose as the "HD" wristbands for Terry Vaughn, as purple is the awareness color for pancreatic cancer. Two referees were wearing one purple wristband and one blue wristband today.

Here is a photo from the article I linked.
1603026192735.png

Last edited:
As an American referee, I'd like to add just a little bit of context.

It is correct that many US referees wear blue wristbands. We wear those in honor of former US FIFA referee Terry Vaughn, who has battled Huntington's disease. Blue is the color for Huntington's disease, so we often wear blue wristbands with "HD" on them. Occasionally, some referees will wear pink wristbands in October for breast cancer awareness. As for white or black wristbands, I've watched referees around the world wear both colors.

Here is a photo from the article I linked.
View attachment 4628
I don't know why But that photo remind me of this optical illusion.
1603027233287.png

Back