A&H

Chris Foy

I haven't been hit in the face with a football since I was in school. Hope to keep it that way!

Fair play to Christ Foy, that ball was shifting when it hit him

The Referee Store
I wonder whether there is always another PGMO official there and we just don't know about it. They never appoint a referee to two games in a weekend, and as it happens Taylor doesn't have a game in the middle, but if he did have one tomorrow or Monday then would he have swapped with either the 4th official or another referee if the 4th official had also refereed?

Surely that would be determined by competition rules, Southend. Your theory, whilst well thought out, has given me a slight headache :)

Not sure how he did for the rest of the match, but thought Anthony Taylor did brilliantly for the penalty. 60 yard full on sprint to keep up with the breakaway and was then in a great position to correctly give a critical match defining decision ....

Reactions: ELP
I've not been hit in the face but have taken a ball to my gentleman's area lol. I went down like a sack of spuds and took me a good few minutes before we could carry on. Thankfully the players stopped straight away, probably because they and the touch lines were roaring with laughter the buggers.

Reactions: SM
I thought the assistant referee (I can't remember who it was) did well to intervene and communicate with the players to stop playing as Foy was unable to blow his whistle - even though he was quite close to play it must have been difficult for the players to have heard him over the St James's Park crowd!

I thought the assistant referee (I can't remember who it was) did well to intervene and communicate with the players to ( stop playing as Foy was unable to blow his whistle - even though he was quite close to play it must have been difficult for the players to have heard him over the St James's Park crowd!
That was good to see, surprised the AR didn't have a whistle as I always tell both my AR's when I have them to carry a whistle in case of such an incident. Thankfully the worst I've had a ball down south and trust me it blinkin' hurt!

Apparently Gary Beswick was just there watching the game, so he went down to do the 4th official role.

Back