A&H

Chelsea vs West Ham

JakeRef

Le meilleur arbitre jamais!
Level 4 Referee
First Chelsea goal, the ball got moved back whilst the ref was moving the wall, so the wall was 12 yards out.

Second Chelsea goal, ref awards a penalty for Loftus-Cheek diving outside the penalty area...
Things like this make video refereeing more and more appealing.

The Referee Store
First Chelsea goal, the ball got moved back whilst the ref was moving the wall, so the wall was 12 yards out.

Second Chelsea goal, ref awards a penalty for Loftus-Cheek diving outside the penalty area...

You don't really want to watch a match where the distance is checked on every free kick remotely, surely?

Solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. There are 4 officials with wireless communication - how is it that not a single one saw him move the ball? What were the ARs and 4th doing?

As for the 'outside the PA'.....I genuinely can't tell, it's that close to the line (not convinced it was a dive either). But I guess that's the sort of incident that video replay will address.

I tweeted about the Fabregas FK. Simple pitch geography tells you the wall was too far back. The wall was in line with penalty spot and the ball was 2 yards deeper than the edge of the D.
Always use the pitch to help you! If you've checked before the match that it's all correct, use it to your advantages!

I tweeted about the Fabregas FK. Simple pitch geography tells you the wall was too far back. The wall was in line with penalty spot and the ball was 2 yards deeper than the edge of the D.
Always use the pitch to help you! If you've checked before the match that it's all correct, use it to your advantages!

the wall doesnt have to be exactly 10 yards from the ball, i think the phrasing is "at least 10 yards" ;)

Solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. There are 4 officials with wireless communication - how is it that not a single one saw him move the ball? What were the ARs and 4th doing?

As for the 'outside the PA'.....I genuinely can't tell, it's that close to the line (not convinced it was a dive either). But I guess that's the sort of incident that video replay will address.

If you "genuinely can't tell" AFTER watching replay (presumably several times), not sure how "video replay will address"?

Haha, that is a criticism of video replay - often what we see is still inconclusive, and I have no doubt that sometimes the only person with a good view is the referee.

I would, however, presume that the video referee would have access to every camera at the game - and there may even be rules around the camera positioning and specifications.

Back