A&H

Chelsea vs Tottenham

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
How on earth did Andre Marriner not deem Jan Vertonghan's straight leg "challenge" into Hazard's ankle a foul? Nowhere near the ball :mad:

Looked a stone wall red card all day long! :redcard:

The Referee Store
VAR is going to be interesting in England. Could argue both Lamela's tackle on Fabregas and Verts tackle on Hazard could both be seen as SFP. The first couple months when it finally gets used will be interesting.

JV's tackle was a definite red card for me. Lamela I'd be leaning more towards yellow - reckless but not endangering safety.

I can only assume he was blocked off and couldn't see it as it really was pretty blatant. A pity as he had a great game aside from that.

I'm sure VAR would get involved here as it was a clear error by the referee and an obvious red card. I'm not so sure on the Lamela one as it was much less obvious.

Hazard is a lucky lucky boy his foot was elivated had it been planted it’s more than likely a broken leg.

Lamela was walking a tightrope all game. Went into several challenges with raised arms, one of which replays showed there was a clear look over his shoulder before throwing his arm back towards the face of his opponent.

Disappointed with Andre Marriner's failure to deal with several questionable challenges yesterday, but nowhere near as much as I am with my boys in blue's 2nd half performance! :(:mad::wall:

Lamela was walking a tightrope all game. Went into several challenges with raised arms, one of which replays showed there was a clear look over his shoulder before throwing his arm back towards the face of his opponent.

Lamela, the angelic looking Argentine 'enforcer'. Rapidly staking a claim for Spurs alternative player of the season after calling Wilshere a p***y and leaving one on Fabregas :).

With my referee hat on, totally agree that Marriner deciding that the Lamela and Vertonghen challenges were not even fouls (he clearly saw both of them) was extremely strange

On Lamela-Fabregas, when I first saw it I was wondering if it was being replayed because it appeared that Fabregas had gone in 2-footed. No doubt in my mind that the way he's made the initial challenge is why Lamela has ended up standing on him.

I was surprised the vertonghen challenge didn't get a card. If Hazard's leg has been planted that could have been very nasty.

We lost a gentleman of the game today, a stalwart at Chelsea, R’s, MUFC, and a few others. He wasnt my favourite player but in his media work since he always respected our difficult job refs have to do and the the cut throat opinions that some upstart ex-players who are always quick to critisise after multiple views. RIP Raymond, there are a fewer up there too that need a piece of your wonderful mind!

Last edited:
Back