A&H

Chelsea v Villa

The Referee Store
Agreed, I was a little surprised to see VAR come in here. I don't think an on-field red would have been wrong, but I don't see this as C&O wrong and needing VAR to help save them from a howler either.

He did win the ball, but he also lunged and left the ground. Obviously that photo doesn't show the contact, but if you lunge and make any contact with the opponent you are likely to be in big trouble. A bit blurred, but this is the exact moment of contact, I am a bit surprised that VAR got involved but there's no doubt whatsoever that this is very dangerous.
1695660156755.png

Not going to complain about it, he lunged in and could easily have broken the Villa player's ankle on the follow through.

More miffed about my team's inability to take clear cut chances, just like last season and the fact there was 2 other scissor like challenges at the weekend where players jumped in with both feet well off the ground and neither was deemed to be endangering the safety of an opponent or worthy of VAR recommending it for further review.

Not going to complain about it, he lunged in and could easily have broken the Villa player's ankle on the follow through.

More miffed about my team's inability to take clear cut chances, just like last season and the fact there was 2 other scissor like challenges at the weekend where players jumped in with both feet well off the ground and neither was deemed to be endangering the safety of an opponent or worthy of VAR recommending it for further review.
Yeah, the consistency is certainly well short of where it needs to be.

Well exactly. This is 100% in line with other "orange card" challenges in the PL, where either on-field sanction is considered not C&O wrong. As much as any two challenges can actually be "the same" those are.

It was a dangerous tackle. He lunged. As far as I’m concerned he wasn’t in control and could be a leg breaker. Not the challenges we want to see.

Back