A&H

CHE MANU

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
60th minute...if that is not SPA yellow I have no idea what is... Taylor tried to sell something about a covering defender... but that is a terrible decision not to card...

The Referee Store
60th minute...if that is not SPA yellow I have no idea what is... Taylor tried to sell something about a covering defender... but that is a terrible decision not to card...
Yeh especially considering the booking for McTominay in first half.

Thoughts on the pen?

Yeh especially considering the booking for McTominay in first half.

Thoughts on the pen?
Nailed on penalty, but the beef ManU should have is with the first corner right off of the free kick. The service appeared to come off of a Chelsea head.

Also, Ronaldo was clearly offside late in the match. While I’m not one to advocate for more VAR, something like that leading to a corner kick that late in the match needs to be reviewed. It was clearly offside and led to a late corner kick.

Easy pen. Terrible defending by Wan Biss.

Good YC for Ronaldo. It was a Chelsea ball when Taylor stopped play.
But terrible YC for Bailly for me. I think Bailly has every right to ask Taylor to get the defender the required distance. Lukaku is 5m away. Poor for me.

The worst moment for the third team was the non-flag that resulted in a corner for United and a yellow for Tushy. The AR just has to flag such a blatant 3m off.

(I cannot believe how poor Fred and Wan Bissaka were in this game. And as for Rudiger, the idea that he might have been considered for some of the best player gongs. Oh my days.)

And there was another missed offside when Werner's shot in the box deflected to Alonso.

TBH there were way too many wrong, missing and poor decisions in this match. Taylor is normally so good. The ARs are not at all helped by this hold the flag nonsense.

Ronaldo should have been in the booked earlier for sticking his finger in Anthony Taylor's face at the penalty. Think McTominay's yellow could have been for persistent, as Anthony Taylor pointed to earlier infringements.

Whilst it annoys me when players don't retreat 10 yards, Bailly's card could have been promted because a United player had already ignored and walked away from the dead ball.

I was swearing at the TV for the non-offside call on Ronaldo, wasn't even close. Bit of a farcical situation where had he gone on to score, VAR would be reviewing for offside and it would be called back, but by allowing the corner, the clear offside is disregarded. 🤔

I was swearing at the TV for the non-offside call on Ronaldo, wasn't even close. Bit of a farcical situation where had he gone on to score, VAR would be reviewing for offside and it would be called back, but by allowing the corner, the clear offside is disregarded. 🤔
Can someone expand on this incident? I fear I won't like the explanation :mad:

What was Carragher on about when he started talking about how “as Ronaldo didn’t have a shot, the AR can’t put his flag up.”

Ronaldo standing in an obvious offside position, as he has often done throughout his career, ball gets played down the wing (no other United players anywhere near the ball), Ronaldo runs from near half way, onto the ball and towards the Chelsea box. Thiago Silva got back and across to cover Ronaldo and put the ball out for a corner. Tuchel went nuts that the obvious offside wasn't given, United benefitted from it and got a yellow for his complaints.

What was Carragher on about when he started talking about how “as Ronaldo didn’t have a shot, the AR can’t put his flag up.”
Probably another commentator's urban myth, just like when Redknapp said a couple of weeks ago that an offside was reset when the attacking team played the ball backwards 🤔

JFH's looked a mixture of amused and awkward sat in-between Carragher and Keane as they they were squabbling 😂

He got himself in a mess, a bit like the assistant referee. The Man Utd player who received the ball was a long way offside, at least a couple of metres, but Carragher has assumed the flag didn't go up because he was waiting, whereas in reality Adam Nunn has somehow just missed the offside offence. Carragher has then made up an interpretation that the AR can only then subsequently flag if there is a shot at goal, and as it went out for a corner he isn't allowed to flag.

It was a human error, and would have been the same even without VAR in operation.

He got himself in a mess, a bit like the assistant referee. The Man Utd player who received the ball was a long way offside, at least a couple of metres, but Carragher has assumed the flag didn't go up because he was waiting, whereas in reality Adam Nunn has somehow just missed the offside offence. Carragher has then made up an interpretation that the AR can only then subsequently flag if there is a shot at goal, and as it went out for a corner he isn't allowed to flag.

It was a human error, and would have been the same even without VAR in operation.
There’s no way Nunn missed it. He was miles off and we are talking elite AR.
It’s the hold guidance. Terribly confusing. Undoing years of good work.

There waa another earlier today that was nearly a GK collision. They’ve really broken something that doesn’t need fixing.

Ball appeared to be played by a Chelsea player, attempting a clearance. Presumed that was why it was play on.

And there was another missed offside when Werner's shot in the box deflected to Alonso.

TBH there were way too many wrong, missing and poor decisions in this match. Taylor is normally so good. The ARs are not at all helped by this hold the flag nonsense.
I don’t think the hold the flaf has anything at all to do with the miss. If the AR has OS, he’s telling the R he has it wile play continues, and raising the flag once the attack ends. This is just flat out a miss, not anything to do with VAR.

There’s no way Nunn missed it. He was miles off and we are talking elite AR.
It’s the hold guidance. Terribly confusing. Undoing years of good work.

There waa another earlier today that was nearly a GK collision. They’ve really broken something that doesn’t need fixing.

So why didn't he put the flag up when the attack broke down, as he has done in every other game since this current use of VAR? He's missed it, it is a bad error but there have been worse in the past.

On the balance of probabilities, I thought our Lovable Liverpudlian knew more about the VAR protocol than the rest of us put together
Wait... I'm still undecided... I'll sleep on it

Good YC for Ronaldo. It was a Chelsea ball when Taylor stopped play.
Agreed, though I know it wouldn’t happen at that level, there was potential for a second yellow straight after. Ronaldo after receiving the booking started the sarcastic applause at the referee. At our level, I’d like to see a second there

Agreed, though I know it wouldn’t happen at that level, there was potential for a second yellow straight after. Ronaldo after receiving the booking started the sarcastic applause at the referee. At our level, I’d like to see a second there
I was thinking the same. I take no joy from it... but in the games I do, second yellow, no problem.

Has happened at that level before if I recall correctly - albeit only one occasion I can think of. Sure it was Andre Marriner who gave Zaha a caution, quickly followed by a second for sarcastic clapping in reaction to the first one.

Back