A&H

Changing County FA

Matthew

RefChat Addict
Is anybody able to advise on the process for changing county FA please? I'm currently registered with Lancashire FA, but all of my leagues are affiliated to the Manchester FA and I also live in Greater Manchester, so from an administrative POV it makes more sense for me to register with Manchester FA.

Thanks in advance!

The Referee Store
Is anybody able to advise on the process for changing county FA please? I'm currently registered with Lancashire FA, but all of my leagues are affiliated to the Manchester FA and I also live in Greater Manchester, so from an administrative POV it makes more sense for me to register with Manchester FA.

Thanks in advance!
RDO jobby is that one.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry, Only the RDO's can help you. You have no power to change.

And remember this is dealing with the FA, where they being sensible doesn't work.... The allocation to CFA's is done on strict address basis. Remember, you changing CFA's means Lancashire has lost a referee from their numbers.

Sorry, Only the RDO's can help you. You have no power to change.

And remember this is dealing with the FA, where they being sensible doesn't work.... The allocation to CFA's is done on strict address basis. Remember, you changing CFA's means Lancashire has lost a referee from their numbers.
. . . and they use old County boundaries. In at least one street on the edge of my county, one side is one county FA, the other is another, because the street is where the old county boundary was.
Procedure is to request via your RDO by phone or e-mail.
Good luck!

CFAs are notoriously territorial and there are normally clearly defined boundaries for each one, the only exceptions are Amateur Football Alliance and the armed services CFAs. You wouldn't be able to change CFA just because you mainly officiate on competitions affiliated to other CFAs, it is based on where you live, not the comps you officiate on.

CFAs are notoriously territorial and there are normally clearly defined boundaries for each one, the only exceptions are Amateur Football Alliance and the armed services CFAs. You wouldn't be able to change CFA just because you mainly officiate on competitions affiliated to other CFAs, it is based on where you live, not the comps you officiate on.
Wouldn't say that's the same down south no?

Surrey, London, Kent and Essex have some similair areas with one another.

Wouldn't say that's the same down south no?

Surrey, London, Kent and Essex have some similair areas with one another.
Exactly the same. Referees from one county will regularly referee in another, but the postcode rules still exist in terms of registration. I live in North London pretty much on the border of London, Middlesex and Hertfordshire, but would only ever be allowed to register with London due to my postcode.

I knew someone who lived marginally in Cheshire, and did most their officiating in Manchester, and Cheshire blocked the change, as said, on a postcode basis.

I knew someone who lived marginally in Cheshire, and did most their officiating in Manchester, and Cheshire blocked the change, as said, on a postcode basis.
There's so much overlap in that area.
For example I loved in Warrington when I first registered. Most of Warrington referees are Liverpool CFA but I went over to Altrincham to do my course and registered with Cheshire.
It never occurred to me to change but I think is probably politics as well as geography that plays a part.

Don't forget there is the option to affiliate to a secondary county as part of the registration.

Yeah - I know a fair few from Stockport way, who are Cheshire, whereas I would always feel like you’d be best off registered under Manchester there.

There’s such a tight overlap between Lancs, Cheshire, Liverpool and Manchester I find (coming from an MFA perspective). There’s also the odd West Riding and Derbyshire ref I encounter
There's so much overlap in that area.
For example I loved in Warrington when I first registered. Most of Warrington referees are Liverpool CFA but I went over to Altrincham to do my course and registered with Cheshire.
It never occurred to me to change but I think is probably politics as well as geography that plays a part.

Don't forget there is the option to affiliate to a secondary county as part of the registration.

Thanks all. I'll check in with my RDO and see where I get to.

I know a number of refs with the same postcode as me who are Manchester FA, so it's all a bit confusing.

Thanks all. I'll check in with my RDO and see where I get to.

I know a number of refs with the same postcode as me who are Manchester FA, so it's all a bit confusing.
I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the FA Memorandum on Areas and Overlapping of Associations (available on the Internet) which states that Manchester FA's area is all within 12 miles of Manchester Town Hall, exclusively within Lancashire.
Good luck!

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the FA Memorandum on Areas and Overlapping of Associations (available on the Internet) which states that Manchester FA's area is all within 12 miles of Manchester Town Hall, exclusively within Lancashire.
Good luck!
Same for London, 12 miles from Charing Cross.

Back