A&H

Championship referees

The Referee Store
It isn't a case of chickening out of decisions as they know that every single major decision will be reviewed by an observation panel after the game (there are no longer observers at the ground for Championship games), so any incorrect KMI will be picked up on and the mark will be at most 7.9 if they get one wrong.

In this case I think his positioning is the problem as he has let himself get blocked off. I would also say it isn't the worst challenge I have ever seen, yes it is very heavy but he doesn't leave the ground.

1570481777157.png

I scrolled through the video as a slo-mo and that’s forgivable. The ball travels in the same direction you’d expect from a clean challenge.

But was it a clean challenge?
Nowhere in the laws does it state taking the ball makes it ok.

Don’t disagree. However where others start by looking to decide if something is correct or incorrect, I often find myself trying to understand how and why something is. It’s a mental programming thing with me and is seen in loads of things I do.

We all make judgements based on what we see; in this case the direction of travel of the ball is consistent with a fair challenge. That is a plausible explanation tor why no foul was called.

It isn't a case of chickening out of decisions as they know that every single major decision will be reviewed by an observation panel after the game (there are no longer observers at the ground for Championship games), so any incorrect KMI will be picked up on and the mark will be at most 7.9 if they get one wrong.

In this case I think his positioning is the problem as he has let himself get blocked off. I would also say it isn't the worst challenge I have ever seen, yes it is very heavy but he doesn't leave the ground.

View attachment 3750

Yeah, his starting position doesn't help him nor does his lack of dynamism. The tackle comes in from a ways out, so he has a lot of notice to accelerate to a better angle if not a more credible proximity. It does, however, look like questions should be asked of AR1 and the fourth official on this one as they would have had a better angle and could simply have spoken to the referee as well.

Back