A&H

Championship 27/6

The Referee Store
I swear last gameweek had no reds in the Championship but this week, there seemed to have been loads of incidents

Referee caused the Swansea -Luton melee according to Swansea manager.

That takes defending the indefensible to a new level. Attempted Luton advantage doesn’t come off and he’s immediately blowing the whistleto try and prevent/deal with a revenge tackle. Can’t see how that is causing a fracas itself. It’s the challenges that do so.
Hope he’s gets a fine and ban for that ridiculousness. However not sure how effective a penalty a touch line ban would be in these times?

Also a good learning point for our newer colleagues. Often we talk about the player coming in from miles away to throw a punch etc in a mass confrontation. The player who is sent off does exactly this.

That takes defending the indefensible to a new level. Attempted Luton advantage doesn’t come off and he’s immediately blowing the whistleto try and prevent/deal with a revenge tackle. Can’t see how that is causing a fracas itself. It’s the challenges that do so.
Hope he’s gets a fine and ban for that ridiculousness. However not sure how effective a penalty a touch line ban would be in these times?

Also a good learning point for our newer colleagues. Often we talk about the player coming in from miles away to throw a punch etc in a mass confrontation. The player who is sent off does exactly this.

Some of the challenges to me were worthy of a free-kick before the tackle that caused the mele

To be honest, it could be more effective as apparently it’s a lot easier to hear the coaches with no fans, so could be more effective than usual

Also for our new referees, call the first foul. I don't see an advantage after the first foul but even so, very little chance of advantage here at midfield with so many defenders back.

Last edited:
Watched the Forest Huddersfield game yesterday. Another mad red card, this time for Bacuna near the end of the game. Forest's Costa fouls the opposing player, AR flags and ref whistles. Costa keeps the ball and starts running up the wing with the ball and Bacuna comes in and completely cleans him out. Red for Bacuna and yellow for Costa.

Back in the day you took out the best players, but the World bodies acted when it got silly and a bit dangerous. That’s why we are at the namby pamby stage now when they’ve gone too far the other way.

Back in the day you took out the best players, but the World bodies acted when it got silly and a bit dangerous. That’s why we are at the namby pamby stage now when they’ve gone too far the other way.
Isn’t that a good thing?

Isn’t that a good thing?
Not 100% no, I agree it was a kicking game in the 70/80s at times but we now get 11 Arsenal players on skis at the weekend and a soft referee not wise to the Fallon De Floor antics...... Your sandwich brigade may not like the old game but I would say that a large percentage of fans fell in love with the game back then and this modern tactical bland p u ssy tackle game we have today just isn't the same!!

Not 100% no, I agree it was a kicking game in the 70/80s at times but we now get 11 Arsenal players on skis at the weekend and a soft referee not wise to the Fallon De Floor antics...... Your sandwich brigade may not like the old game but I would say that a large percentage of fans fell in love with the game back then and this modern tactical bland p u ssy tackle game we have today just isn't the same!!

But this is a refereeing forum, not a fan's forum, so the only relevant thing is the current laws of the game. What did or didn't happen in the 1970s is simply irrelevant.

Sorry, we can't discuss historical situations, its not pertinent to the thread and football didn't exist beyond last season!!!

Sorry, we can't discuss historical situations, its not pertinent to the thread and football didn't exist beyond last season!!!

You can if it is relevant to the topic in question. But the "in my day players could kick each other into next week and they'd pick each other up" approach is not relevant either to modern day football or the vast majority of topics on this forum, yet you keep trotting it out. In the 70s and 80s I could go to the pub and smoke 20 cigs and drink 10 pints then drive home, but obviously I can't now as they are both illegal. Things move on ...

Watched the Forest Huddersfield game yesterday. Another mad red card, this time for Bacuna near the end of the game. Forest's Costa fouls the opposing player, AR flags and ref whistles. Costa keeps the ball and starts running up the wing with the ball and Bacuna comes in and completely cleans him out. Red for Bacuna and yellow for Costa.

I thought he only blew after Bacunas challenge.

Back