A&H

Cautioning

Do you ever confirm the names of the players after the match to ensure that the names you put on your CRF are correct?

Yes I check the name of the player with the manager when I return the match form - but quite often get, are you going to put it in then and all that stuff :p

The Referee Store
At our level there is no guarantee that the player written on the team sheet is the one wearing the shirt, have personally had a couple instances where I have asked for a number and it doesn't match.

What do you do when that happens - Just submit the name given by the player?
Defo made me think about this more. I know one ref who writes the team out on this match card, but that seems abit much to me.

I get given team sheets before hand, which do have shirt numbers down however if you get a unprepared team which end up swapping shirts around I ask for their last name, and right down their number so when I come to look back at it I can be 100% sure. Haven't any problems, yet.

I'm one of those who writes out names and numbers on my match card. When cautioning I ask the players name and then mark the offence and time against his name. Works for me and the match card I use.

Re the post above and just asking players surname. I don't know about your leagues but round here there are a fair few teams that have numerous family members all playing for them. A few weeks ago I had four brothers/cousins whatever on one side. Cautioned two of them and had to send one off for violent conduct. If I didn't take their first names as well as numbers and surnames I'd have been in a world of pain.

I like the abstract names. A friend once sent off a Brian Clough and another booked a Michael Mouse. Both real names!!

Are there any cards which, while not designed to be written on, you can in pencil and it will rub off no problem? I saw in another ref's accessories box writing on A&H fluorescent yellow - not sure if he couldn't be asked to rub it off or it wouldn't come off.

What do you do when that happens - Just submit the name given by the player?
Defo made me think about this more. I know one ref who writes the team out on this match card, but that seems abit much to me.

Reffy I personally write down every players name and number before the game as I believe it can help sometimes.

Back