A&H

Cards in Friendlies

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
Got my first 'friendly' this weekend, just wondering what the general opinion is on cautioning/reds.

Will the CFA will still accept the usual caution/misconduct reports for a friendly (and expect them if cards are issued)?

Also, are you a little more lenient with the cards being a 'friendly' rather than a competitive game?

The Referee Store
all cards go in as normal. I am slightly more lenient with the cards in friendlies, but at the same time that would depend on the teams aggression levels towards the game.

There is no such as a friendly game. :)

Cheers SM.

I've just found out its U17 so I think it's probably best I take a few sets of cards!

Once had a friendly match appointed to me. Last minute game closed door friendly. OA. Binned a player for a headbut. E-mailed asking who to put the misconduct in and was politely told 'its a closed door friendly so no action will be taken by the SFA, unless you were forced to abandon for your own safety'.

In my opinion it maintains discipline... i was told that players will think they can get away with it in a league game.

Back