A&H

Cardiff v Brentford

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
I'd love to know what the 4th official said to Simon Hooper, a supposed Premier League referee, in not even cautioning Vaulks of Cardiff.
A good, fair and clean, challenge by Brentford player on Vaulks who retaliates to the challenge by first kneeing and then, apparently, putting his hand in his face. This was directly, a yard or 2, in front of the benches, and 4th official. The 4th official and assistant would have seen it. 4th has a chat with Hooper. Hooper calls Vaulks over and tells him to calm down.
Then proceeds to chat to Brentford manager to calm him down after he just witnessed his player be assaulted, as such.
Just can't fathom how a card was not shown. Expected after the chat and call over a red for violent conduct but not even a yellow is astonishing.

May have a video later but nothing as yet.

The Referee Store
Hooper is having an absolute nightmare here. A two footed challenge right in front of him and not even a free kick.
Petersen, after being spoke to for stopping a promising attack, has committed four more fouls since and still no caution.
Brentford player plays the ball against him in final third, regains possession and has a shot (very close to scoring) and plays on when the law states he must stop if it starts a promising attack.

Many more things but can't be bothered to list them all.

Don't need a replay, he walks, and I'd hope the judiciary makes him sit for a long while.

I sent a lad off for something similar, not the same but more brutal than this slugery, only i saw it as the referee as it was off the ball and play had moved on 20-30 metres.
He knew what he'd done and didnt say a word in defence. His grandad manager was incandescent with rage on the sidelines as it was the 3-4 time i'd sent him off for various things. I walked over and he had a right pop in my face. i listened and said back to him... Steve, when you know what he did, come back over and i wasn't an apology!!! TBF, he eventually did after the game when someone else told him what he'd done..... How the other player never lost his sight i'll never know!!

Back