A&H

Cardiff - Arsenal

DanCohen17

Simply The Best
Strange incident and very hard to explain if you've not seen it.

So, for those that have, thoughts on the non-offside call involving Wilshere, Ozil & Giroud?

The AR clearly must have been told via the comms kit by Mason that Ozil didn't touch it, because Giroud was so far offside!

A&H International
From his position, there is no way that he could have been certain that Ozil touched it, but the weird thing was that he seemed to stop as if he was about to put the flag up. I'm surprised the ref didn't tell him that it had been touched.

Weird one for me too. As an AR, if I see offside I flag it - referee is never in the best position, that's my job, my priority and the main reason for my being there in the first place.

Good on him for stopping though - he knew it. But realising there was a mistake by the officials he 'played to the whistle'.

Weird one for me too. As an AR, if I see offside I flag it - referee is never in the best position, that's my job, my priority and the main reason for my being there in the first place.

Good on him for stopping though - he knew it. But realising there was a mistake by the officials he 'played to the whistle'.
I think, after seeing the replay, the AR would have been relieved that he stopped - if he had carried on he would almost certainly have scored and get criticised somewhat...

Back