A&H

Carabao Cup Final 2021

Seriously, tot up the fouls not given because of playing "advantage" when really it's just keeping possession
Not the Ref's fault. That's what the top teams want because the players will back themselves to do better from open play than from a dead-ball
Professional fouls are rife because the trifling punishment doesn't match the crime. Dunno what the answer is on that score

The Referee Store
OK, you asked for this. I am completely neutral when it comes to the Premier League, given I support a Championship team that are about to drop into League 1. I watch a lot of PL football, pretty much if there is a game on I will watch it. The worst team by an absolute country mile for tactical fouls to break up play are Manchester City, no other club even comes close and Fernandinho is the absolute master. I can say this with some authority as a qualified coach, experienced manager, and very experienced referee, and most importantly being totally neutral.

I've broken forum rules a little here, but I and other admins are thoroughly fed up of certain fans moaning that referees are against their clubs. It is, frankly, boring and not suitable for a refereeing forum.

OK, you asked for this. I am completely neutral when it comes to the Premier League, given I support a Championship team that are about to drop into League 1. I watch a lot of PL football, pretty much if there is a game on I will watch it. The worst team by an absolute country mile for tactical fouls to break up play are Manchester City, no other club even comes close and Fernandinho is the absolute master. I can say this with some authority as a qualified coach, experienced manager, and very experienced referee, and most importantly being totally neutral.

I've broken forum rules a little here, but I and other admins are thoroughly fed up of certain fans moaning that referees are against their clubs. It is, frankly, boring and not suitable for a refereeing forum.
There's still hope yet rusty :ninja: :poop:

How far is a country mile? It's a ridiculous assertion.

Even if this were remotely true, it's obvious that many of City's fouls may be in the opposition half, because that's where they spend most time. And I despair at the SPAs committed against City but not punished with a YC, though I'm not "completely neutral".

All this thread because a City player got away without one YC, then got one, then scored, after similar leniency by the referee to a Spurs player. By the same token, Spurs should have had 10 men from early on.

Back