A&H

Call a game off for weather and then it clears.

matty639

Level 5 Referee
Went to a game today and it took me three hours to get there but when I did my pitch check it was monsooning down and wind was lashing the rain about so much that had to put me hand over my eyes to stop myself being blinded. I was due to assessed on this game and given the travelling time etc I was keen for it to go ahead. We wait 45+ minutes for the weather to improve and if anything it got worse.

So I asked a guy who had a weather app on his to check it and he shows me wind speeds of 50+ mph and continuos rain so reluctantly I call the game off and go to an office to make some calls. I then chat to few guys for ten odd minutes before decided to brave the run back to the car.

I then walk outside to find the rain is dying down, the wind has become nothing than an annoying gust and the sun is breaking through the clouds in the distance. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH. Teams were long gone so had to just get in the car and drive home :-(.

The Referee Store
Weather eh? I haven't had a game now for 4 or 5 weeks, don't think I will have one this week either due to the weather. Football in June anyone?

Back