A&H

Buzzer Flags

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
As a reward for good exam results my mother has said she'll buy be buzzer flags but doesn't really want to pay for new ones, if you were going buy second hand what is most likely to be reliable or is it safer to buy new?

The Referee Store
to be honest aled you don't really need them at your level, I'm not getting any till I hit level 4, they are a waste of money for something you don't really need, and won't use very often, also it can make you lazy, not bothering to look for flags!

Thing is I do a lot of games where I have NAR's and I'm getting more Welsh League matches as AR but where the ref turns around "Who's got flags?, I've forgotten mine" so it's quite handy to have them.

You mentioned before about ordering flags from refsworld in austrailia (possibly! be a while wince i saw that). Be careful, I order £30 of stuff and ended up paying £8 VAT plus £8 handling charge.

Was a shocker.

I've emailed refsworld to ask about additional charges that may crop up so I don't get caught out.

They are really tightening up on the import charges in the UK, we've been stung on gifts for family !!!!

Harri at Refsworld may be willing to put 'Gift' on the customs declaration, in which case you shouldn't be charged extra, but it's not always possible to avoid I'm afraid.

Yep, I think I got gift on mine, I didn't have any problems! And postage was free at the time as well!

Back