A&H

Junior/Youth But she won the ball first....

looks like this thread has been hijacked.....poor thread control

i had one today, girls u18. blue attacker in penalty area, plays the ball across the area....to no-one.....then gets clattered by the goalkeeper

no-one appeals.....i give the penalty that i see....one or two 'what was that for' from defenders, one saying that you see it all the time on the t.v. and no penalties are ever awarded :(.

as for the o/p, try to stop 'blocking' (ignoring?) comments from the manager's and deal with them, as neccesary, at the time.

I over-ruled my CAR a couple of times in quick succession today, Cue manager shouting across the pitch, 'you may as well come back and stand over here since he's ignoring you'

Cue short conversation with manager and no more audible grief for the rest of the game (perhaps the two weren't linked but i'd like to think that they were)

i'm pretty sure that, had i 'blocked it', it would have continued

The Referee Store
I had an incident in the box today where there was minimal contact, never a penalty. Player didn't even go down.

Attacking player stops, looks at me and says 'Ref, how is that not a penalty?', so I say (when the ball's gone for a GK) 'Would you expect me to give that as a free kick outside the box?', she says 'No, but it's still a penalty'.

Amazing. :eek:

The only time I use the nobody has appealed is when I am NOT giving a decision. ie. "No foul come on, your mans not even appealing, he knows". Otherwise I see it, I give it.

Back