A&H

Burton vs Fleetwood

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
Today I was at burton albion vs fleetwood town (I'm a burton season ticket holder) and at 2:45 I witnessed possibly the daftest pitch inspection ever.

The referee kicked the ball 10 yards x3 in the centre of the pitch... At this point there was a small puddle in one goal area which was later removed but at no point did the referee leave the middle third of the pitch for his inspection.

I also felt he lost control of the game after 55 minutes when john parkins was cautioned for a challenge which for me (as a ref not a fan) was an red card for serious foul play

The Referee Store
It was he first inspection... Still amazed that toe poking a ball three times constitutes an inspection

I'm amazed he did his first inspection 15 mins before KO...

The pitch was fine until about 2:30 when the storm game... Absolutely lashed it down for a good 15-20 minutes minimum. Don't blame the timing because an inspection needed to be done... No chance the game could've started at 3:00

Ahh right, that makes more sense! What time did it start at?

4:00 He did a further "inspection" at 3:15 but I didn't see him on the pitch at that time... It was a long afternoon

Back