A&H

Burnley v Leeds

st john

Ashley Barnes challenge on Dallas in the Leeds penalty area.......surely that's a straight red card, everything about it was totally wrong. Michael Oliver issued a yellow but having seen the Arsenal red yesterday this looked much worse and Barnes was airborne, studs first and nowhere near the ball. Sorry I cant include video but its above my IT skills.

The Referee Store
I was happy with the yellow for that, I think it was more reckless than SFP. From memory, I actually think he’s attempting to kick through the ball and caught the airborne player which made it look worse. I certainly don’t recall it being a ‘studs first’ challenge though

I was happy with the yellow for that, I think it was more reckless than SFP. From memory, I actually think he’s attempting to kick through the ball and caught the airborne player which made it look worse. I certainly don’t recall it being a ‘studs first’ challenge though

You're right, it's a kick, didn't go studs first, so I would be going for a caution there.

I think Oliver got it right and it was also the players trying to milk the issue as much as they could to get a red card, as they do.

If it is the incident I am thinking of - with the late/delayed offside flag; a RC would have been a huge match control issue.

The game should have been stopped 20 secs earlier for a clear offside, but the stupid PGMOA rule of not flagging for the clearest of offside meant the.game continue, which leads to the challenge. An earlier whistle by Oliver would have meant this didn't happen.

A RC would have been a direct result of the officials decisions. And a huge problem - even worse than Chelsea

It's all about angles. From this angle it doesn't even look like a foul.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830-234324~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830-234324~2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 8
Back