A&H

Brighton v Man City

The Referee Store
I was amazed this wasn't given as a red card. Still cant fathom why.

Peter Walton said it was because the leg was bent therefore there wasn't any force which was complete nonsense imo

It's just a still. It tells us nowt.

Serious foul play involves a players actions being (in the opinion of the referee) "excessively forceful".

I'm guessing a red card wasn't issued because none of the officials deemed it so.

It's just a still. It tells us nowt.

Serious foul play involves a players actions being (in the opinion of the referee) "excessively forceful".

I'm guessing a red card wasn't issued because none of the officials deemed it so.

I'm fully aware of the law and that the officials obviously didn't think it was a C&O error. But it certainly looked a C&O error for me. Ticks all the boxes for SFP. Waltons explanation was baffling too

I'm fully aware of the law and that the officials obviously didn't think it was a C&O error. But it certainly looked a C&O error for me. Ticks all the boxes for SFP. Waltons explanation was baffling too

Walton just sits tyere trying to justify whatever decision the ref makes. Offers no opinion or insight

As performances go, I thought this was a prime example of how to completely lose control of a game. Inconsistent and constantly incorrect decision making throughout (the Jesus one shared above being one of many baffling decisions).

I think there's an argument to be had about whether Welbeck would have been able to gain control of the ball, but with the way VAR operates I wasn't even slightly surprised when it wasn't overturned. The Gundogan one is just inexplicable. On first viewing I actually thought the defender got a touch on the ball for the Jesus pen shout, so I'm okay with that not being given.

Walton's job is to justify a decision, no matter how bad. How baffling is that?
I enjoyed Stuart Brennan's description of Walton in the MEN match report - "Backing those two up, quite literally, was BT Sport's resident ref pundit Peter Walton, a man who performs contortions worthy of an Olympic gymnast trying to justify the unjustifiable" :oops:

How can that not be SFP? Would genuinely love to hear if people think its a yellow as to why.

More annoyingly for me and probably only me is the officials choice of colour of shirt(don’t actually know who picks it)

I think it probably is DOGSO and I'm happy with SFP, however I don't think either incident is what VAR is there for
The SFP looks a lot worse when slowed down etc. I don't think it's as bad as has been made out

Back