A&H

Brighton penalty last night

HoofItYouDonkey

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
I thought it was soft but it was a foul. I wonder if Mark Hughes has ever agreed with a penalty decision against a team he manages?
Can't find a video.
Thoughts?

The Referee Store
I can’t stand Mark Hughes for that very reason. Why can’t he just accept that a penalty is a penalty from time to time? He’s got such an ego that he’s unwilling to admit that defeats/draws are down to his tactics or his players, it’s always somebody else’s fault

I can’t stand Mark Hughes for that very reason. Why can’t he just accept that a penalty is a penalty from time to time? He’s got such an ego that he’s unwilling to admit that defeats/draws are down to his tactics or his players, it’s always somebody else’s fault

Totally agree. It seems every game it's the referee's fault for some reason or another. I suggest, he should spend more time coaching his team how to keep opponents out of his penalty area...then he wouldn't need to spend all his post match interviews moaning about ref's pen decisions given against him.

Agreed, i don't like Mark Hughes. He must be wrong most of the time when he blames the ref every time. All very dull

You can’t blame Hughes he’s modelled his distraction excuses on what Fergie used to do, he’s just got a whinier voice. Major difference is Fergie won most weeks so it didn’t get as repetitive!

Hughes. Not only does he moan every week, he does absolutely zero coaching at every club he’s been at. He’s always after a scapegoat and I hate people like that who always shirk responsibility, manager or not.

He’s an easy man to hate when he manages the club down the road too....

Might i suggest that Ferguson had more influence on referees through intimidation than any other manager has come close to? Hughes tries to emulate this, but fails miserably

Back