A&H

Brighton - Man City

The Ginger Ref

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this already, but seemingly another poor night for PGMOL and Jarred Gillett.
  • Free kick given to Foden after he appeared to slip over, from which Man City scored
    (I tried to find this in the highlights, which Sky have conveniently redacted it, despite spending half-time and full time criticising the referee.)

• Joao Pedro clearly tripped in the box - no penalty

• Kyle Walker challenged the Brighton goal keeper in the build up to the 4th goal, looked pretty reckless.

• There were claims for a handball by Ake, I don't think anyone knows what the law around handball is anymore, but wasn't a handball IMO anyway
    (but again Sky spent plenty of time focusing on it)
After the weekend/week we have just had, Brighton and Roberto De Zerbi seem surprisingly quiet, especially considering his scathing comments earlier this season, and despite Sky's focus on the mistakes last night, there seems little reference to the above incidents in the media today, is that because the media got the result they wanted? Or because the incidents wouldn't have changed the outcome?

The Referee Store
Yeah, no foul on Foden but that's going to happen sometimes.
No handball by ake from what I've seen. Would deem it in front of his body, but the foul by Gvardiol is actually a decently clear PK.

Overall not too impressed by Gillett yesterday.

For me:

• Foden free kick incorrect
  • Brighton should have had penalty
  • From the brief footage I saw of thr Walker challenge on the goalkeeper, thought this was fine
  • Didn't see the Ake one

Ake’s arm was up and away from his body.
Yes, the ball might have hit him instead. Silhouette not in the law now. Offence in Europe but not in the EPL.

Back