A&H

Brig v Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Play on... next!
Agreed. It was on the opposite side to shaw as well so the ball has. Add its way across fop, back across and then back into middle. Far too much in between.
Tough one for lino, they are always tough to judge, ball out of play, in the air.. Easy with camera angle and slow mo but real life, split second, not so much

That line doesn't really look straight though, if I am honest but again that could be down to angle.
Happy with no offside call there, though. Technology can't figure it out its clearly close enough to not be c&o or proven error beyond reasonable doubt.
Agree it doesn't quite look straight. But if anything, I'd argue it drifts right as you go down, making it look even closer than it should be - and he's still miles onside!

I haven’t watched the game up to that point. Was there a camera angle clearly showing the entire ball was in touch?

As an assistant, I will allow play to continue unless I’m certain the entire ball is out of play.

As an assistant, I will allow play to continue unless I’m certain the entire ball is out of play
You can look at that both ways really. I think I would generally take the safe option. Throw in to Brighton here is unlikely to lead to anything, where as not giving it has lead to a goal. I'd rather give a dodgy throw than be implicated in a dodgy goal.

If the ball went out of play, the amount of time elapsed is irrelevant... Correct?
Not 100% sure here. 2 things I do know are 1) ball out of play is a reviewable decision for a goal..
2) The period of play before and after an incident that can be reviewed is
determined by the Laws of the Game and VAR protocol.... Except I ca t find where it does.
30 seconds does seem excessive.. A lot can happen in that period, including a goal for Brighton.

Not 100% sure here. 2 things I do know are 1) ball out of play is a reviewable decision for a goal..
2) The period of play before and after an incident that can be reviewed is
determined by the Laws of the Game and VAR protocol.... Except I ca t find where it does.
30 seconds does seem excessive.. A lot can happen in that period, including a goal for Brighton.
I'm confident they can go back to the point at which the ball was put into play (or out of play in this case)

I'm confident they can go back to the point at which the ball was put into play (or out of play in this case)
Although unlikely, in the extreme, a ball could remain in play for 45 minutes since it was last put in play, or last went out of play, so I am confident it's not as loose as that. Would like to know though so will have a mooch in a bit unless one of our learned colleagues has the answer, in print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back